ACT, Canberra State Sponsorship - WHERE ARE YOU NOW

Big Bob

Guest journeydownunder
Name: Ronald Kalaquian

Date of SMP application: April 29, 2011 (received)

Trade/profession: Systems Administrator

Visa type: 176

Delays/further docs requested: Not Yet

SS received: Not Yet

Form 1100 Uploaded:

Visa Filed:

Comments:

Good luck to all of us.

@Journeydownunder - May I know how many pages is your commitment statement?

Hi Ronald - yes of course! It started as two pages of quite small print! Once submitted they asked me to cut it down to under 7,000 characters (including spaces). Good luck, if I can be of any more help then please let me know.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest journeydownunder
Hey Sohc

They give high priority to applications with job offers.If you look at journeydownunder's details on page 2...You will see she had an offer in hand from an employer in Canberra and hence she had sponsorship results asap in a month :biggrin:

regards

Big Bob

Just to add, although they had said they would process it quickly the priority status on the confirmation of receipt/ payment said normal priority so I wasn't sure if I would in fact get it, but they stayed true to their word and processed in a month.

Good Luck everyone. Touch wood so far we have been very lucky, also our agent is very good and on the ball so that has helped.

Guest pocahonta
Well today is working day 60 since I applied to ACT and still no news :cry: my nerves are shattered

Hi Orion, I applied for ACT Feb 17th and I still have no answer............

Guest Orion25

Thanks Big Bob, for the encouragement, we knew this would not be easy, but we sure as hell didn't relise it would be as difficult as we are finding it. Mainly because we are in RSA and really want out NOW. :embarrassed:

But we are doing ibetter this week I suppose we all have our moments.

I was expecting to hear back by 31st May - that would be our 60 working days but it looks like Orion 25 & Pocahonta, should have heard by now and haven't yet. Do we think there are some delays in processing SS applications ?

Guest Orion25

MRG

Yip there are apparrently a few delays due to an influx of applicants and adding to this JA has been travelling a lot and is on her way again soon. So they are a little backlogged. We need an answer before 1 July so that we coan lodge before the changes, but then again I'm sure most of us are in the same boat.

I will let you know as soon as we know when we get out SS.

T

Guest pocahonta

Orion Who is JA? How did you know about the delay? I´m worried because I don´t know if we have enough time to get into DIAC in case the SS was approved, you know new point system..........................

Guest foha2012
Orion Who is JA? How did you know about the delay? I´m worried because I don´t know if we have enough time to get into DIAC in case the SS was approved, you know new point system..........................

Yeah, who is JA ? I heard of JO (Julliane Obrien)... The ultra nice babe at Business and industry Canberra.

Cheers,

TAA

Hope so they are backlogged little... At least not like Victorian piles of files:mad:....By the way anybody called ACT or interacted recently on the status of the application....everyone is desperate to be purpled :tongue:

cheers

Bob

Yeah, who is JA ? I heard of JO (Julliane Obrien)... The ultra nice babe at Business and industry Canberra.

Cheers,

TAA

You are always horny TAA.. :biglaugh:

Firstly you loved those big ladies in be forum now you are behind this JO or JLO..whatever...

Bob

I think all of us should already anticipate the new point system. It is just a month away in case anyone is granted with a positive assessment will take another week to receive the letter.

I talk to an agent before just to consult and double check. People who are worried about the new point system are mostly those who want to be sponsor by Relative as it will be remove by July 1. Those who are in state sponsorship should not worry especially if you have the following factors

• ielts 7 or 8

Good luck to all of us.

Just to add in my application I also included pictures of my visit to ACT last August a great answer to personal research. Hope it counts in my application :v_SPIN:

I think all of us should already anticipate the new point system. It is just a month away in case anyone is granted with a positive assessment will take another week to receive the letter.

I talk to an agent before just to consult and double check. People who are worried about the new point system are mostly those who want to be sponsor by Relative as it will be remove by July 1. Those who are in state sponsorship should not worry especially if you have the following factors

• work experience

• ielts 7 or 8

Good luck to all of us.

Just to add in my application I also included pictures of my visit to ACT last August a great answer to personal research. Hope it counts in my application :v_SPIN:

Sohc,

Pal...My previous experience with SS was real sour:cry:...I am sure many rejected people from VIC agree to that...:skeptical:

I have all factors in place but still really worried :arghh:

Work experience:5.5 Years (Global IT Giant Dell INC)

Ielts: 7.5 ( L-8 S-7.5 R-7 W-7)

regards

Big Bob

I see, I understand your situation mate. We're almost in the same boat

Ielts: 7 each

Work: 6 1/2 - ISP Provider 1st / IT Software Dev Consulting Company 2nd.

My office mate here just got his SS from Vic approved last month. He also encourage me to apply though I wanted ACT as it's near Sydney where my brother and sister lives.

Goodluck to all of us. Hope all turn to purple soon just like this smiley :v_SPIN:

Just to add the agent told me that you can apply again for SS, they had an applicant where it got approved in the second try. I'm not that sure if it's true though they are a registered Australia Agent.

I see, I understand your situation mate. We're almost in the same boat

Ielts: 7 each

Work: 6 1/2 - ISP Provider 1st / IT Software Dev Consulting Company 2nd.

My office mate here just got his SS from Vic approved last month. He also encourage me to apply though I wanted ACT as it's near Sydney where my brother and sister lives.

Goodluck to all of us. Hope all turn to purple soon just like this smiley :v_SPIN:

I would rather say you made a perfect choice...I was thinking of applying for SS for ACT in Jan...but waited for Victoria and wasted my 5 valuable months...:nah:

Purple is what I desire : )...I love the last line very very much :tongue:

regards

Bob

Bob and other ACT-hopefuls,

Just stopped by to wish you guys best luck in getting your ACT SS granted soon!! :hug:

Your Vic SS neighbour :wink:

armandra!

Thanks my ol comrade...:hug: I appreciate that... You are a good nice neighbour...

thanks and regards

Bob

Guest Orion25

ok, wow, JA and JO are he same person I just used a different abbreviation. I know about the delays because in Feb when she was here in SA and we chatted she told us that they were backlogged and there was a good chance our app would go over the 60 day deadline but she did say that we should have an answer in time to apply ti DIAC before 1 July.

I haven't contacted her as my agent is dealing with her and she has said not to contact them as they are busy processing so many app's, so i will give it till end next week before I ask him to contact her as we need answers.

Pocahonta, why don't you e-mail her to find out if there is any movement on your app? As I know a lot of people who have applied early Feb have answers already (according to my agent)

T

Guest foha2012
ok, wow, JA and JO are he same person I just used a different abbreviation. I know about the delays because in Feb when she was here in SA and we chatted she told us that they were backlogged and there was a good chance our app would go over the 60 day deadline but she did say that we should have an answer in time to apply ti DIAC before 1 July.

I haven't contacted her as my agent is dealing with her and she has said not to contact them as they are busy processing so many app's, so i will give it till end next week before I ask him to contact her as we need answers.

Pocahonta, why don't you e-mail her to find out if there is any movement on your app? As I know a lot of people who have applied early Feb have answers already (according to my agent)

T

Hey Orion,

Thanks for the valuable information. Lets hope JO keeps her word and gives us a result before the July 1st deadline.

@Bob, just because of the 3 ladies in the "other forum" I have almost stopped posting there.

Cheers,

TAA