ACT, Canberra State Sponsorship - WHERE ARE YOU NOW

Big Bob

Guest PaulineG1982

Just wanted to add our timeline, we had received info we got our State Sponsorship today! :yes: just over 3 weeks. Which was great as we waited 6 months for our VETASSESS documents to come back :arghh:. Just onto our Visa Application now..

Name: PaulineG1982

Date of SMP application: 31st August 2011

Trade/profession: Residential Care Officer

Visa type: 176

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received: 29th September 2011

comments: Bring on the Visa!!

Form 1100 Uploaded:

Visa Filed:

Visa Granted:

Cheers Pauline :wubclub:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable...........I got it!!!!Within just one month they gave it, without asking any clarification....

BOB would you mind to make it purple?

Now major hurdle is to get Military Discharge Certificate.....

Hi Najmul - did u apply DIAC already, wud be interested to kno your timelines with DIAC & CO - lets be in touch

Hey there,

just received the mail telling me that I have been granted sponsorship and that the from 1100 has already been send to the DIAC.

Thanks to you guys for all the hints and tips and for writing about your applications. I was always happy to read when things went well for you, and finally I also can post good news.

I'm just wondering what hills I will have to climb next? What could inflluence the decision of the DIAC? Or is it just a matter of time now, that I will get a visa?

And what's with the medicals? Has anyone already had the examination? What exactly are they looking for? Would it be better to quit my sloppy lifestyle and fancy some sports? Or are the doctors checking medical conditions I can't influence anyway?

I feel sooo close to the finish line now...

Hey there,

just received the mail telling me that I have been granted sponsorship and that the from 1100 has already been send to the DIAC.

Thanks to you guys for all the hints and tips and for writing about your applications. I was always happy to read when things went well for you, and finally I also can post good news.

I'm just wondering what hills I will have to climb next? What could inflluence the decision of the DIAC? Or is it just a matter of time now, that I will get a visa?

And what's with the medicals? Has anyone already had the examination? What exactly are they looking for? Would it be better to quit my sloppy lifestyle and fancy some sports? Or are the doctors checking medical conditions I can't influence anyway?

I feel sooo close to the finish line now...

Hi

I have similar questions like you. What are the circumstances when DIAC can deny someone's visa application, despite meeting all the criteria?:skeptical: Can the skill assessed by assesing authority be turned down by DIAC? If yes, under what circumstances?

Anyone with experience & knowledge please help in our quest....Cheers!!!

Hi

I have similar questions like you. What are the circumstances when DIAC can deny someone's visa application, despite meeting all the criteria?:skeptical: Can the skill assessed by assesing authority be turned down by DIAC? If yes, under what circumstances?

Anyone with experience & knowledge please help in our quest....Cheers!!!

i dont think they wud send Form1100 without asking u to provide them DIAC TRN (WHICH U GET ONLY AFTER SUBMITTING DIAC 176 APPLICATION)

• 2 weeks later...

BigBob,

You have me down as visa granted on 22 August. Unfortunately this is not the case. I am still waiting to hear from them. Apparently my application has gone for further security checks and therefore no decision has been made. It is certainly taking its time!!

rhump3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nice people:

I lodged online 176 on 29 Oct 2011. On 01 Nov 2011 ACT Govt confirmed through an email that they have sent Form 1100 to DIAC. Now in the list of uploaded documents I do not see any Form1100. How can we be sure that Form 1100 has really been sent by ACT to DIAC? :unsure:

Cheers........

Hi Nice people:

I lodged online 176 on 29 Oct 2011. On 01 Nov 2011 ACT Govt confirmed through an email that they have sent Form 1100 to DIAC. Now in the list of uploaded documents I do not see any Form1100. How can we be sure that Form 1100 has really been sent by ACT to DIAC? :unsure:

Cheers........

it should appear in checklist, n CO will change status to 'met'

• 1 month later...

Hi Mates,

How are you all doing?

Just wanted to inform you guys that Big Bob has finally cracked a job before Christmas as planned with biggest Australian telecommunication provider.

I wish all the best for all the people who are planning to arrive and all others whom I missed to congratulate, Rest all who are still in application process God is with you ;)

cheers!

Bob

Hi Mates,

How are you all doing?

Just wanted to inform you guys that Big Bob has finally cracked a job before Christmas as planned with biggest Australian telecommunication provider.

I wish all the best for all the people who are planning to arrive and all others whom I missed to congratulate, Rest all who are still in application process God is with you ;)

cheers!

Bob

That is fantastic BBob :) so happy to hear your great news. I wish you all the best :)

Hi Mates,

How are you all doing?

cheers!

Bob

Hi Mate,

Fantastic news for you, I'm really pleased. Well done! I too have landed a job with a IT Company in Melbourne, which I start in Feb! Yipee

All the best

Yoyo x

Thanks Oz4sure...How are ya my old buddy...Hope ya fine in old Mel...Wish you a very happy new year and Xmas to you and your family..:xmas8:.....:hug:

regards

Big Bob

Thank you good friend :) wish a very happy new year and happier Xmas good man. I am alright thanks for asking. And I'm now going to start packing things for shipping also I'm offering my car for sale in few weeks. It will not take long to get sold. I'm suffering my post resignation notice period with my current employer and days passing so slow. No job offers for me yet in Melbourne but I'm planning to fly there again permanently end of next month.

I'm happy to know that you have made it and things are good with you :)

Keep in touch Mate.

Cheers.

Guest PaulineG1982

Got our Visa appoved today!! we applied on the 20th October bring on Canberra next year............... Great Christmas Pressie for my husband and I xxxx

Hi Mates,

How are you all doing?

cheers!

Bob

Congratulation Bob,

Things are going well for you mate...All the best with the future.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if someone from Nov/Dec have applied for ACT sponsorship. I send my docs off at the end of January and I dont know the current processing times, the webpage always says 60 working days. Thanks!

I was wondering if someone from Nov/Dec have applied for ACT sponsorship. I send my docs off at the end of January and I dont know the current processing times, the webpage always says 60 working days. Thanks!

Hiya,

Not sure if its the same for everyone, but we had confirmation my docs for my skills assessment were received 4th November.....still havent heard anything!! Anyone else had the same issue?

Steph

• 2 months later...
Guest chiffonscarf

Knock Knock, my SS is under processed; application lodged April 22, 2012. Anyone else who have gotten their SS approved for 2012 ?

Edited by chiffonscarf