ACT, Canberra State Sponsorship - WHERE ARE YOU NOW

Big Bob

Thanks much guys for the valuable information you give in this page, and much thanks to big bob who is very active helping everyone. I wish that you can get the visa soon, All my best wishes to you all...

Here is my detailed time line to help you expect how are things going on...

13 SEP 2011: Application Approved :jiggy:

Hey 7ebo

Congratulations on your visa grant.. I am sure you are one of those silent visitors :cute:...anyways if it helped thats great...Goodluck with your new life in OZ:biggrin:..

regards

Bob

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks much guys for the valuable information you give in this page, and much thanks to big bob who is very active helping everyone. I wish that you can get the visa soon, All my best wishes to you all...

Here is my detailed time line to help you expect how are things going on...

ACS (software engineer 261313)

------------------------------

30 DEC 2010: To be allocated (8 days)

7 JAN 2011: In Process (94 days)

11 APR 2011: With Assessor (2 days)

13 APR 2011: Approved :wink:

ACT Sponsorship

---------------

29 APR 2011: Applied (82 days)

20 JUL 2011: Approved :laugh:

DIAC 176 file

-------------

24 JUN 2011: Application received - processing commenced

25 JUL 2011: ACT send form 1100

1 AUG 2011: DIAC received form 1100

8 AUG 2011: Application processed further

8 AUG 2011: CO (team 6) assigned and asked for:

(work evidence, form 80, overseas qualifications, PCC, medical)

8 AUG 2011: All not requested documents are met

12 AUG 2011: All documents are met except PCC and medicals

16 AUG 2011: Medicals done

18 AUG 2011: PCC met

27 AUG 2011: Hospital send the medicals

2 SEP 2011: Medicals received by HOC

6 SEP 2011: further medical results referred

12 SEP 2011: Medicals finalised

13 SEP 2011: Medicals met

13 SEP 2011: Application Approved :jiggy:

Notes:

------

I am from HR country.

No job verification.

Never heard of internal and external checks.

Agent: Mr. Raefat Soryal

Coongratuations, this is awesome, I got some info I have been waiting for from this detailed post 7ebo, I am on HR and same team, they asked for Form 80 and was worried they would take long, I am not sure whether to take meds or wait till advised by CO, what's ur take on this? and congrats once more buddy......

HI

i came to know that DIAC asked for bank statement from one applicant, though this was not required as per the checklist of 176 applications for DIAC.

secondly, the funds (shown to for SS) were moved and invested somewhere where they can make more money then sitting idle in bank account earning meager interest.

what should i do???? my CO has not asked for it but just wanted to know that does this really required and with what amount...????

regards

SJS

Coongratuations, this is awesome, I got some info I have been waiting for from this detailed post 7ebo, I am on HR and same team, they asked for Form 80 and was worried they would take long, I am not sure whether to take meds or wait till advised by CO, what's ur take on this? and congrats once more buddy......

I waited for the CO request (he requested it in the same email he requested form 80), however as you see in my timeline that waiting till CO request delayed the visa grant from 16 AUG till 13 SEP as it takes some time from the hospital to finalize its results and send the medical reports by post to Sydney. I think it is a good idea to front load them to save time, if it is knows in your country that form 80 processing does not take more than a year. from my experience only Pakistan and Iran take one year security checks, so if you are not a resident of one of these countries you can front load the medicals to save time...

All my best wished for you in your visa application...

HI

i came to know that DIAC asked for bank statement from one applicant, though this was not required as per the checklist of 176 applications for DIAC.

secondly, the funds (shown to for SS) were moved and invested somewhere where they can make more money then sitting idle in bank account earning meager interest.

what should i do???? my CO has not asked for it but just wanted to know that does this really required and with what amount...????

regards

SJS

I have never been asked about bank statements from the DIAC. ACT only asked for them during the sponsorship processing as it did with all of us.

Do not think about this at all, some people have special cases. Before getting my visa I read online that DIAC must delays files from HR countries to do security checks and they must delay our files to do job verifications. All that was wrong and everything went typically like it goes with LR countries. Do not worry much and do not read negative feedbacks (as I typically did a lot ). DIAC only wants to be sure that you give it genuine information , so on random basis it does some checks (that is only my opinion, it may be wrong).

Hi All,

Thought i should join in if thats ok?!!

Name: Steph

Date of SMP application: 16th September

Trade/profession: Butcher

Visa type: 176

Delays/further docs requested: Just sent for skill assessment

SS received:

Form 1100 Uploaded:

Visa Filed:

Comments:

Hope ive done this ok?!!

Steph

Hey Big Bob

Breezer here. Well done mate. :biggrin::wink:This is great news. I haven't been on the thread for a while but I am totally chuffed you have got that 'Golden Ticket'.

When are you going?

We are planning on heading out there next June when flights are a little cheaper plus I will have completed my degree here in Scotland.

Keep smiling!!!!

Breezer

• Like 1

Unbelievable...........I got it!!!! Within just one month they gave it, without asking any clarification....

BOB would you mind to make it purple?

Now major hurdle is to get Military Discharge Certificate.....

Congratulations mate...Will do the needful :)

Hi All,

Thought i should join in if thats ok?!!]

Hope ive done this ok?!!

Steph

You have done it perfect bruv:biggrin:...and yes you are anytime welcome to join the thread but sorry to say this thread follows once you have got skill assessment and apply for ACT ,Canberra State Sponsorship Only!

kind regards

Big Bob

Hi BOB

Congratulationsssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks mate...

Hey Big Bob

Breezer here. Well done mate. :biggrin::wink:This is great news. I haven't been on the thread for a while but I am totally chuffed you have got that 'Golden Ticket'.

When are you going?

We are planning on heading out there next June when flights are a little cheaper plus I will have completed my degree here in Scotland.

Keep smiling!!!!

Breezer

Thanks buddy for your support....YESSSSSSSSS! Finally got the golden ticket:hug:...Appreciate that..I just resigned my job mate... I am moving Nov 2nd week...I am single so no worries...Getting ready for job hunt...cheers!

regards

Big Bob

YESSSSSSSSS! Finally got the golden ticket:hug:...Appreciate that..I just resigned my job mate... I am moving Nov 2nd week...I am single so no worries...Getting ready for job hunt...cheers!

regards

Big Bob

Congratulations mate :) I thought I should congratulate you on your own thread. Well done Big bob :) really happy for you friend

Congratulations mate :) I thought I should congratulate you on your own thread. Well done Big bob :) really happy for you friend

Thankyou bro :):hug:... I really thank you for all your advice... I really appreciate your help and tips mate:notworthy:...thanks a tonne...How is VIC tour going...started having fun eh!

regards

Bob

Thankyou bro :):hug:... I really thank you for all your advice... I really appreciate your help and tips mate:notworthy:...thanks a tonne...How is VIC tour going...started having fun eh!

regards

Bob

You are most welcome big bob :) Yes we started the tour in Melbourne and now in the train going to the zoo. My OH is crazy about animals :) a lot of thongs to do here in Melbourne. Fantastic city :) the city not so much expensive as I was expecting. Few things are cheaper and some other things maybe a little more expensive. But really good quality of life. I'm going to start job hunting after connecting my laptop to Internet. hope I can get some offer before I actually move. Hope you enjoy the celebration mate :) have your party tonight and get prepared for the adventure :) wish you luck.

Cheers,

• Like 1

You are most welcome big bob :) Yes we started the tour in Melbourne and now in the train going to the zoo. My OH is crazy about animals :) a lot of thongs to do here in Melbourne. Fantastic city :) the city not so much expensive as I was expecting. Few things are cheaper and some other things maybe a little more expensive. But really good quality of life. I'm going to start job hunting after connecting my laptop to Internet. hope I can get some offer before I actually move. Hope you enjoy the celebration mate :) have your party tonight and get prepared for the adventure :) wish you luck.

Cheers,

Party will to till 6 am bud by the time I am drenched in alcohol :laugh:...and you seem to enjoy your moment in Mel bruv...All the best and wish you goodluck for your job search....Crack 100+ :wink:..Stay in touch....Will definitely let you know in case face any problem :cute:

regards

Big Bob

That's great news Bob, congratulations :D

Hey pnytaylor...Thanks buddy :wubclub:

Hey Big Bob,

I've been so busy and haven't checked in a while but I am so THRILLED to see you are BLUE!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS see you in ACT soon.

T

Hey T..a

Thanks a tonne..I cant believe I have visa in just 3 weeks.:wideeyed:.. I can understand you would be kinda busy packing your bags... Thanks for all your help in my SS process...You know later on SA too sponsored me...:cute: But i stuck with ACT...I am planning to fly somewhere around Mid Nov..and Yess... se ya in ACT soon :hug:

Fantastic news - congrats Big Bob!! Very happy for you!!!!!

Thanks Aussie 2B.:hug::smile:...Wish you good luck too....

regards

Big Bob

Hello Everyone,

I apologise for asking a really basic question and hope it hasn't been asked before....

The hard documentation ACT requires: are photocopies acceptable or do I need to submit the original documents? Do I need certified copies? How about the bank statements, should these be photocopied too?

Congratulations to all those who have received their sponsorship and good luck to those still waiting.

Thanks

Rick

Hello Everyone,

I apologise for asking a really basic question and hope it hasn't been asked before....

The hard documentation ACT requires: are photocopies acceptable or do I need to submit the original documents? Do I need certified copies? How about the bank statements, should these be photocopied too?

Congratulations to all those who have received their sponsorship and good luck to those still waiting.

Thanks

Rick

No apologies here Rick. You all documents should be a certified true copy/xeroxed from public notary etc. or whosoever is responsible for attesting your docs to be "certified true copies".

That should be good enough. Make sure you dont get your resume attested :laugh: kidding..

regards

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I live in the UK, so the most straightforward and cheapest way to get certified copies is at the Post Office, I believe. At one time they were doing some kind of deal if you ordered in bulk, or something like that...

I see you are wasting no time from your visa grant to your arrival date. Turning it around in 2 months is some good going. By the way, what is the maximum amount of time allowed from the issue of a 176 visa and arrival in OZ?

Good luck in your new life.

Rick

Thanks Bob,

I live in the UK, so the most straightforward and cheapest way to get certified copies is at the Post Office, I believe. At one time they were doing some kind of deal if you ordered in bulk, or something like that...

I see you are wasting no time from your visa grant to your arrival date. Turning it around in 2 months is some good going. By the way, what is the maximum amount of time allowed from the issue of a 176 visa and arrival in OZ?

Good luck in your new life.

Rick

Hi Rick

Great! Go ahead and get them done right away from PO.DIAC gives you 1 year to validate your visa. Counter starts from Day 1 of grant..I had to wait a month as I have to serve 1 month notice period in my current company.I will be relieved by Nov 1.So week later I booked my golden ticket.Good luck for your state sponsorship :wubclub:& thanks for your wishes mate.Appreciate that :biggrin:

regards

Big Bob