Air Con Electrical License how easy is it to get it?

toddsim

Guest JK2510

Polytech course is required with a computer test filled with several different units which can be done at your own pace. $300 ish of your hard earned wedge!

Two practical courses one a 4 hr course and one a 8 hour course. Another cost at $600.

Can't comment to much on the practical side as OH has yet to do that. He's lucky to of found a company that took him on without the restricted electrical licence in his hand because some won't. The computer side of things is common sense and alot of stuff that has no connection at all with why you are doing it!

Hope this helps.

Polytech course is required with a computer test filled with several different units which can be done at your own pace. $300 ish of your hard earned wedge!

Two practical courses one a 4 hr course and one a 8 hour course. Another cost at $600.

Can't comment to much on the practical side as OH has yet to do that. He's lucky to of found a company that took him on without the restricted electrical licence in his hand because some won't. The computer side of things is common sense and alot of stuff that has no connection at all with why you are doing it!

Hope this helps.

Hi Jodie

Sounds good, thanks for the help.

I think we have spoke before. Is your OH the one thats asleep on the couch alot. ;)

Since I posted this, I have found out I can do an equivilant course here in the UK and apply before I get to oz.

regards si

Hi I am Air Con engineer very close to getting our visa, I have to obtain the Disconnect / Reconnect electrical license, How easy or difficult is it to obtain.

Thanks in advance Si

Hi Toddsim,

My OH is a Refrig and Air con Engineer and were in the mid of applying to live in Adelaide. What Electrical course is it you can do over here to prepare yourself to get employment in OZ/

Hi Leeanne

I have been doing some research today(great way to a Sunday), and found this link on the WA energy safe WA website and found this PDF link:

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/EnergySafety/PDF/Forms/R095%200710.pdf

I assume when they have relieved you off $340 for fee and $38 for registration, they then tell you to go to an approved centre here in the UK, where I don't know yet.

Also regarding the ARTC, as long as you send your TRA and some other paperwork you can get your ARTC license here in the UK also before you go out to Oz. This costs roughly £200 to get. that took alot of emails direct to ARTC who admittedly were very helpful.

here is the link for that:

Licence Applications - Australian Refrigeration Council Ltd

hope this helps

si

Thank you so so much Toddsim, you have been so helpful.

I will pass these on to my OH now.

The more we prepare the better it will be when we hopefully make the move. As there will already be so much we cant prepare for.

Leeanne

toddsim;

regardless of what course he does in the Uk he shall have to do another top up course when he is here also he shall have to 1st apply to the plumbing commission for a registration then he shall have to attend the tafe (College) for a short course in the state you intend to live in

leeannekays;

if your going to live in Adelaide then you may want to contact PEER training they do short courses for things like disconnect/reconnect & also courses for Air Con especially people who have been working in the game say like the UK.

contact PEER training in SA ask for Kate Boneham she does it all for people tell her you have been in contact with arthur from melboure you wont be sorry i can assure you

Archived