leaving scotland for castle hill

Guest JODIE STOTT 1

Guest JODIE STOTT 1

leaving aberdeen for castle hill sydney

Hey everyone were due to move december from scotland to castle hill sydney, really looking to meet other families in that area we have two kids , also anyone in castle hill know of gymnastic girlguide and football clubs for our kids, whats everyones views on this area and schools etc ?? i cant wait, my husband will be working away a month on a month off , we have been in the moving precess 2 years, looking forward to getting there :) jodie stott

For gymnastics, the club in the area that gets the best results is Epping YMCA. However, Castle Hill gymnastics club has been hot on their heels more recently.

It's a lovely area to live

Love

Rudi

x

Guest thefarrs

Hi Jodie

We arrived in Sydney at the beginning of March and were initially living in Castle Hill in serviced apartments. It is a really nice area and we were looking there for a house but just didn't find what we were after and eventually found a house in Bella Vista which is not far from Castle Hill.

Castle Hill is a really nice area and, when we were looking, we were told that the schools were good around there.

Keep in touch and let me know if you fancy meeting up when you get here. We have a 5 year old daughter who has just started school. How old are your children?

Cara

Guest sk1nny

Hi Jodie

What a blast from my past..I used to live in Aberdeen many years ago now, & live close to Castle Hill, so if you need anything let me know.

Where abouts in Aberdeen did you live? I rented a flat 44 Union Grove...what a great time I had there, is "The Price of (aquatic mammals) Wales still open? you're bringing back some memories to me now.

Guest sk1nny

sorry forgot to say there is a Girl Guides hall on Bounty Ave my daughter used to attend but now she goes to Cub Scouts, & ther's heaps of soccer clubs around, either Castle Hill or Baulkham Hills or Cherrybrook all good. Most sporting clubs are very friendly & welcome new members so I don't hink you'll have an issue, just may be that when you arrive you'll be at odds with the registration time...Remember our winter sports have started now & summer cricket in about Sept / Oct

Karen

Guest JODIE STOTT 1

thanks for the replies this site is super confusing, i dont know how to add people as friends, im more of a facebook whiz, but ill stick at this im keen to make friends in castle hill area, my daughter is six my son three the farrs, i would love to stay in touch with you can u add me as a friend? where did you liver before sydney? do the children prefer it? are you homesick? also,skinny, nope dont think that shoppy is there, r u fae aberdeen? :) i drove down union grove yesterday :) aberdeens changed alot, more expensive, more housing everywhere, they have built a huge shopping centre called union square where the train station was and its all very fancy...... one question, ABERDEEN OR SYDNEY???? and how old r you children? we live in bridge of don, what do you miss about aberdeen? cheers guys plz add me and i will get this site susssed :) xxxxx:yes::jiggy::jiggy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thedonnellygang

Hi!!!! I left scotland (Glasgow) 8 weeks ago for Sydney, were staying in kellyville which is just next to castlehill, great area for families, we have a 5 year old boy and 2 yr old girl, enjoying it so far but can get lonely at times :( it is wot you make of it though :D I wld love to arrange a get together with other families nearby!! Xx

Guest thefarrs

Hi Jodie

Sorry for taking so long to reply. We lived in Southampton before arriving in Sydney. I don't miss the UK but I do miss family/friends a lot. That has been the hardest thing about the move. My daughter loves it here and has already told me she wants to stay in Australia forever! She loves being able to go to the beach and spend so much time outside. There is also so much more to do here with the children than in the UK. The quality of 'family life' is definitely so much better.

I will try and work out how to add you as a friend (I am also better at facebook than I am on this!!) Would be good to keep in touch going forward.

Cara

Guest sk1nny
Hi!!!! I left scotland (Glasgow) 8 weeks ago for Sydney, were staying in kellyville which is just next to castlehill, great area for families, we have a 5 year old boy and 2 yr old girl, enjoying it so far but can get lonely at times :( it is wot you make of it though :D I wld love to arrange a get together with other families nearby!! Xx

If you need anything let me know

Karen x

Archived