Bringing my wife in Australia, while being on Bridging visa 885

Guest vkodwani2

Guest vkodwani2

HiI've applied for my PR application (onshore) in June 2010 and still waiting for it to be finalized. At the time of lodggment of my PR in June 2010, I was engaged to a girl, back in overseas, and I'd put my fiancée's name and my marital status as 'engaged' in the application (only these details).In the last month i.e. April 2011, I had my wedding ceremony and I got married, back in overseas.I've come back here now and my wife is in overseas.Since, I'm on bridging visa, what options do I have now to bring my wife here in australia. I know of the below options but I'm considering them as my last if I don't find any better one.1. Tourist visa (showing evidence of our marriage)2. Student visa (her independent case)3. Apply her spouse visa, once I get my PR (it will take another 1 year to process her case after I get my PR case finalized, too long, not sure when will I get my PR)As I've put my fiancée's name in the application, is it going to help me some way in bringing her here, either at the same time when my case gets decided?I will really appreciate if someone can advise me.Thank youRegards,Vj Kodwani

Reading your post feels like reading my story!!!

Firstly you cannot add her into your application so she has to wait for your PR before she applies for spouse Visa.

Secondly , you can apply for Tourist Visa but they will put a "No Further Stay" condition on it so she has to go back and apply for spouse visa from there.

I think if she wants to study here even after your PR , apply for student visa as the fees would be the same even when she gets spouse visa and secondly there is no further stay condition on student visa so she can apply for spouse visa onshore.

Guest vkodwani2

Sammi,I'm sorry if I reminded you of your old days :(Yes, I believe that seems to be the only better option available as on student visa, also being on student visa here, she will be switched to temporary spouse visa while living here (on shore, means she will not need to go back) when I'll get my PR.Dhanji, As far as I know, tourist visa applicants must go back to their country to apply for student visa and apply as offshore (i.e. they cannot apply for onshore student visa while being on tourist visa), isn't that right?Thank you very much for the valuable feedback.

Sammi,I'm sorry if I reminded you of your old days :(Yes, I believe that seems to be the only better option available as on student visa, also being on student visa here, she will be switched to temporary spouse visa while living here (on shore, means she will not need to go back) when I'll get my PR.Dhanji, As far as I know, tourist visa applicants must go back to their country to apply for student visa and apply as offshore (i.e. they cannot apply for onshore student visa while being on tourist visa), isn't that right?Thank you very much for the valuable feedback.

Yes thats correct.You cannot apply for student visa after a tourist visa onshore.In fact you cannot apply for any visa onshore visa if your tourist visa says "NO FURTHER STAY".Now its upon your luck if they grant you a tourist with a NFS condition or not!!

:wub:

IF I WAS YOU I WILL BRING HER THROUGH TOURIST VISA THEN I WILL ASK HER TO SELECT COURSE AND COLLAGE , THEN ON SORE STUDENT VISA (NO FURTHER STAY NOT APPLICABLE FOR STUDENT VISAS) .....ENJOY U R HONEY MOON IN AUSTRALIA:arghh::idea::mask:

No you cannot do that if your previous visa says No Further stay.NFS applies to all visas

Guest vkodwani2

Sammi,

Thanks for the quick reply and confirming the fact :)

No, I don't consider myself that lucky for my wife to get a tourist visa with no NFS condition :P

Any ideas Sammi, if my wife's student visa case will get some advantage from me, being employed in Australia?

Thanks in advance :)

No you cannot do that if your previous visa says No Further stay.NFS applies to all visas

:tongue:

'No further stay' condition

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/how-the-visa-works.htm#b

Extending your stay

If you are in Australia and want to extend your stay for tourism purposes, you must apply for a new visa at least two weeks before your current visa expires.

A Tourist visa may be granted if you:

have complied with the conditions of your previous visa

meet all the eligibility criteria for this visa

do not have a 'No further stay' condition on your visa.

You should note that a further visa, if granted, will cease any visa or ETA currently held and the entitlements attached to that visa or ETA.

If a decision has not been made on your application before your original visa expires, you will be able to remain lawfully in Australia until the application has been finalised.

If you are refused a further visa, you must leave Australia before the expiry of your authorised stay period.

See: Tourist (e676) Visa – Online Applications

Studying

If you are granted this visa, you can study for up to three months. If you want to study longer than three months you should apply for a student visa.

See: Student visa options

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/572-4/obligations-student.htm#e

Some visas are issued with a 'no further stay' condition. This condition means that you cannot apply to stay in Australia beyond the date specified on your visa, except in extremely limited circumstances.

Limited circumstances may include students who want to apply for:

a student visa with permission to work

a student visa that is supported by a sponsoring government agency

a Graduate Temporary Entry - Skilled visa

a visa to engage Australia's obligations under the 1951 United Nations convention relating to the status of refugees.

AS PER MY UNDERSTANDING IN ABOVE DETAILS FROM IMMI WEBSITE

tourist may apply student visa !!!! if my understanding is not right pl correct me.:arghh::biglaugh:

• 2 months later...
Guest Zeeshu

What i have heard from a migration agent is that you can apply for her spouse visa provided you get your PR first (let's assume you get your PR tomorrow :D) which can take approximately another good one year but you can also apply for her tourist visa on the top of that. She can thus come to Australia on a tourist visa while her spouse visa application is still amid processing. During her stay, if her application for spouse visa is approved then she only needs to exit the country to fulfil her tourist visa condition i-e No Further Stay. New Zealand is the closest country you can visit on your aussie visa to get an exit and re-enter Australia to get her spouse visa stamped. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

:tongue:

'No further stay' condition

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/how-the-visa-works.htm#b

Extending your stay

If you are in Australia and want to extend your stay for tourism purposes, you must apply for a new visa at least two weeks before your current visa expires.

A Tourist visa may be granted if you:

have complied with the conditions of your previous visa

meet all the eligibility criteria for this visa

do not have a 'No further stay' condition on your visa.

You should note that a further visa, if granted, will cease any visa or ETA currently held and the entitlements attached to that visa or ETA.

If a decision has not been made on your application before your original visa expires, you will be able to remain lawfully in Australia until the application has been finalised.

If you are refused a further visa, you must leave Australia before the expiry of your authorised stay period.

See: Tourist (e676) Visa – Online Applications

Studying

If you are granted this visa, you can study for up to three months. If you want to study longer than three months you should apply for a student visa.

See: Student visa options

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/572-4/obligations-student.htm#e

Some visas are issued with a 'no further stay' condition. This condition means that you cannot apply to stay in Australia beyond the date specified on your visa, except in extremely limited circumstances.

Limited circumstances may include students who want to apply for:

a student visa with permission to work

a student visa that is supported by a sponsoring government agency

a Graduate Temporary Entry - Skilled visa

a visa to engage Australia's obligations under the 1951 United Nations convention relating to the status of refugees.

AS PER MY UNDERSTANDING IN ABOVE DETAILS FROM IMMI WEBSITE

tourist may apply student visa !!!! if my understanding is not right pl correct me.:arghh::biglaugh:

That is what i said to him.Either apply for student visa (As my wife did) but you cannot extend your stay with a NFS condition.A PR for husband is no way an extreme circumstance to breach that condition.

PS:A tourist cannot apply for any visa onshore with a NFS condition.