ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest SJ to OZ

175 Granted

Guest SJ to OZ

Hey

Great news our 175 skilled migrant visa was granted yesterday!!! :wink:

We applied 6 July 2010 (We had to wait for a few months after applications were shut)

Did medicals start of April

We got a case officer 18th April

Got our visa Grant 4th May!!

So we got our visa in 10 months...so much for the 18 months that was touted October last year......

We used John Adams from www.immigration2oz.com he is very good at what he does. He knows the process inside out and kept us updated the whole way through, and made the process very easy for us. We would without a doubt recommend his services.

We enter Oz December this year so maybe will see or meet some of you other lucky individuals then.

Hope others are as lucky as we are and hang on in there!! :jiggy:

Congratulations ....hope mine comes as quick as that once the ACS pull their fingers out...

IELTS 19/03/11 (Overall: 8.5) | ACS (Dev/Prog 2613-12) passed 18/06/11 | 175 Lodged 22/06/11 | Front Loaded PCC 26/09/11, Meds 19/11/11 | CO: 30/01/12 | Visa Grant: 31/01/12 | Fly Out to Perth 13/08/12 | Settling into Perth...

Congratulations :)

Was that priority 2? Ive been waiting since sept 2009 :( and just got a thing saying application being processed further, but have had no emails yet. I think i am priority 3.

481261nv50vl9eka.gif

Wishing you all the very best

Dawn x

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

GET IN!!!!!!!!

A few cold caiprainhas this evening by any chance?!

Chris (29) & Sarah (28) - IELTS March 10. Skills Assessed April'10. SS rec'd April'11. Cat 2 176 lodged May'11, CO June'11, granted 25/07/11

Guest guest30085

Congratulations on getting your visa :jiggy:

Best wishes for the move over :jiggy:

Guest SJ to OZ

Thanks a lot guys we are very happy!

CJdrum yes we did go out and celebrate with a few cocktails and cervesas!!! Now :confused:

Hey Gemstome the process is a little frustrating and it does feel like you go for large ammounts of time with little to no feedback. As I said we only took 10 months from lodge to grant so 20 months does sound liek a long time... whats your application nationality etc...?

Congratulations

Skills Assessment (AITSL) - 8/7/11; IELTS - 3/11/11 Listening 9 Reading 9 Writing 8.5 Speaking 9 Overall 9; 175 visa applied 28/3/12; CO assigned 30/5/12; PCC 1/6/12; Meds 7/6/12; VISA GRANTED 20/6/12 Reccie 28/3/13 - 14/4/13, finally move 28/8/14.

Congratulations....its a great feeling. 10 months wait is fab. Ours took just over 2 long years. Good luck with your journey.....where you heading?

Sharon:v_SPIN:

Mark (Electrician), Sharon, Emily (21), Charlotte (20), Catherine (18) & little Grace (20 months) :smile:

Visa Granted!!! (March '11)

Guest LynseyB

Hey congrats to all who got their visas. We are hoping to lodge ours before July deadline.

Sharon-I noticed your husband is an electrician. Any hints or tips as my hubby does the same job?

Thanks.

Hey

We applied 6 July 2010 (We had to wait for a few months after applications were shut)

So we got our visa in 10 months...so much for the 18 months that was touted October last year......

We used John Adams from www.immigration2oz.com he is very good at what he does. He knows the process inside out and kept us updated the whole way through, and made the process very easy for us. We would without a doubt recommend his services.

We enter Oz December this year so maybe will see or meet some of you other lucky individuals then.

Great news

Guest mml007
Hey

Hi

I'm just starting to look at emigrating and have a quote from an emigration agent which appears to be pretty high. I notice that you used once successfully and was wondering what their fee was for comparison purposes.

Still not sure whether to use an agent or not.

Thanks

Guest Helchops

Congratulations! You're just going as we're beginning the process! We hope it's as speedy as yours!

Hey congrats to all who got their visas. We are hoping to lodge ours before July deadline.

Sharon-I noticed your husband is an electrician. Any hints or tips as my hubby does the same job?

Thanks.

Hello there....we will hopefully be in Brisbane in Sept. As for electricians.....it is an absolute nightmare. All states are different but Queensland seems to be the worst. My husband has been an electrician for 20 years but it can take about 12 months for him to get his A licence out in Queensland. He will have to work as a trade assistant under supervision until then.

Mark has contacted some companies...but nothing concrete. We are just hoping that he finds a job with a good company when we get there......big risk I know.

We applied over 2 years ago as australia were asking for tradespeople. Can't believe how difficult and long winded the process is for trades. It would be a good idea for there to be something in place in the U.K. to make the transition easier.

Hope all goes well with your plans and good luck

Sharon:smile:

Mark (Electrician), Sharon, Emily (21), Charlotte (20), Catherine (18) & little Grace (20 months) :smile:

Visa Granted!!! (March '11)

Guest woo

well done :-))) thats great news we have also used John Adams he s the best just finished our visa 176 my OH is a welder we are applying for brisbane area so not really sure when we should hear back did you apply for a 176 family sponsor visa or state? thanks wendy x

Guest woo

Hi we used john adams and would highly recommend he knows his stuff inside out!! you pay 3 lots of fees think they was about £636..each time 1st payment when you sign up with him 2nd when you get you AQF 111 then you pay you final payment when you lodge your visa...i think its well worth it if you get you visa my OH is a welder/ fabricator runs his own buisness and with his age him being 44..45 in june this year felt it was better to use an agent...John Adams is the best in the business he even does work gives advice for people in the Australia New Zealand magazine hope this help s wendy x

We are just about to apply for our 175 visa but before we do I want to make sure we have all the thinsg ticked off the list. My boyfriend has passed Vetasses, he is just about to sit the English (IELTS) test and his job (plumber) is on the SOL. We have to get our application in before July 1st when the rules change. Is that all we need? Although it seems to have taken ages to get to this point it all seems a bit too simple that all we need is vetasses, IELTS and a job on the SOL. Please could you tell me if we have all the right things. I don't think we need a medical until after we have submitted the visa. Is that correct? Thanks. PS What does SS stand for in all these posts?

We are just about to apply for our 175 visa but before we do I want to make sure we have all the thinsg ticked off the list. My boyfriend has passed Vetasses, he is just about to sit the English (IELTS) test and his job (plumber) is on the SOL. We have to get our application in before July 1st when the rules change. Is that all we need? Although it seems to have taken ages to get to this point it all seems a bit too simple that all we need is vetasses, IELTS and a job on the SOL. Please could you tell me if we have all the right things. I don't think we need a medical until after we have submitted the visa. Is that correct? Thanks. PS What does SS stand for in all these posts?

Hiya

You don't need to submit your medical unless your CO asks for it. SS stands for State Sponsorship.

When you submit your application it will tell you what docs you need to attach.

Good luck :biggrin:

Me, hubby and our two gorgeous girls.

Arrived in Australia 22nd March 2012

Many congratulations on your visa grant.

Liz x

Warren, Liz, Paige 18 & Ethan 15

TRA Aug 2007, 175 lodged 14/02/08 WA SS applied for 4/06/09, WA SS approval 7/10/09 CO allocated 27/7/10 PCs 9/9/10 Meds 27/9/10 VISA GRANTED 4 Nov 2010 WA 2/4/11 Citizenship ceremony 30/11/16