thewebweazel

They can't be Serious!

West Midlands Police officers who have been forcibly retired due to budget cuts have been invited to return to policing and work for free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-13282047

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

"It's alright - it's ok,

doesn't even matter if you're old and grey"

I can do the theme tune - I can do the theme tune.

Sounds like New tricks to me.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Money is being squeezed all over the country and the government are trying to do everything on the cheap, nothing will be overlooked and if theres money to be saved............ this government will save it, we have been told to make £1 million pounds of savings this year and next and thats on a million saved last year.

they always cut back on the important things that affect the ordinary hardworking tax payer ... there are so many ways they can save money ... but they don`t and never will ... how come suddenly they can afford to interfere in Libya but have allowed Mugabe to do exactly as he pleases ... is the answer oil ? ...

Guest shark

Money is being squeezed all over the country and the government are trying to do everything on the cheap, nothing will be overlooked and if theres money to be saved............ this government will save it, we have been told to make £1 million pounds of savings this year and next and thats on a million saved last year.
not squeezed when it comes to the royals

Guest NeilEB

Royals bring in more then they cost.

And yes, Zimbabwe has no oil, therefore Mugabe can do as he damn well pleases

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Big cuts announced today on the armed forces, 7,000 soldiers to go, 5,000 in the RAF and thousands in the Navy, at this rate we won't have any military left ............... but hopefully it will mean we don't go stupidly into any others countries in the middle east.

Big cuts announced today on the armed forces, 7,000 soldiers to go, 5,000 in the RAF and thousands in the Navy, at this rate we won't have any military left ............... but hopefully it will mean we don't go stupidly into any others countries in the middle east.

There has been mumblings for years about UK Forces becoming part of a European Fighting Force.

Lots of our army friends have been offered redundancy.A lot will go through cutting out the "dead wood".

Most cookhouses have been renamed Regimental Restaurants and are run by civilian contractors with very little military input.So I guess military chefs could become part of the "dead wood "

Many military Camps already have civilians doing the gate duties and doing most of the admin.

Housing is already run by a civilian investment company.They no longer have military hospitals.

Its almost as if they have been whittling away at the Armed Forces in the hope that the public will not notice.

I no longer skinny dip,I now chunky dunk:laugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi janine

this is happening up and down the country, in a way its right because take us for instance we had Officers in the gate handing out keys earning £30,000 and also working in the library, mail room, visits, etc and now they have been replaced by civvies earning less than half and its the sign of the times, the squeeze is on big time almost everywhere.

They no longer have military hospitals.

This really irritates me, yeah put our soldiers on the same list as Grannie waiting for her hip replacement! That should show them we appreciate their commitment!:sad:

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!