Work in Perth

Guest Karen n Nige

Guest Chris n Lou

Hi Cazz,

I noticed you mentioned your other half is an aircraft engineer. Could you possibly tell me if there is much about work wise?

The reason I ask is that me and my family are moving to Perth on Nov 2nd 2011, and I am an aircraft maintenance engineer (unlicenced) currently with British Airways, and I am a little worried about picking up work after reading that he took 6 months to get work!. I have had one or two pleasant replies from jobs I have applied for but nothing concrete.

We are renting out the house in the UK, and probably have enough to get by for about 6 months before we start to worry, although I have been looking at other mechanical fitting work to see if I can get something.

Many thanks!

Chris

Hi Cazz,

I noticed you mentioned your other half is an aircraft engineer. Could you possibly tell me if there is much about work wise?

The reason I ask is that me and my family are moving to Perth on Nov 2nd 2011, and I am an aircraft maintenance engineer (unlicenced) currently with British Airways, and I am a little worried about picking up work after reading that he took 6 months to get work!. I have had one or two pleasant replies from jobs I have applied for but nothing concrete.

We are renting out the house in the UK, and probably have enough to get by for about 6 months before we start to worry, although I have been looking at other mechanical fitting work to see if I can get something.

Many thanks!

Chris

Hi, Hubs is also unlicensed, hence really why it took so long. All jobs advertised were for licensed engineers but you do get the odd AME jobs too. There are lots of different companies here as you have the international & the domestic & then there is jandacot too which is all smaller planes & helicopters & is very busy!

A few good sites you could look on are http://www.seek.com.au , http://www.westjobs.com.au , http://www.jobswest.com.au , http://www.macrorecruitment.com.au . Good luck Hun, I'm sure something will come up. Hubs has just told me China Southern at Jandacot are after people at the moment, it's being advertised on Seek! X

Guest Chris n Lou

Hi Cazz,

Thanks for the heads up!, I've sent my c.v. in so we'll see what happens. Its been a long time since I worked on light aircraft so i'm not expecting much but you never know. I just hope the fact we're not arriving until November doesn't go against me.

Thanks again

Chris

Guest scubabud
Hi - new to this but have our visa now and looking at moving to Perth (Joondalup area) early November. My partner (41) is a Painter & Decorator and I'm an Office worker and we were wondering what the job situation was like? Also what is the usual thing to do on arrival, is it to stay in holiday lettings for a few weeks? if so - any suggestions?

All help will be very much appreciated as we haven't got a clue and also our Agent has ceased trading :(

Thanks again for any advice

Hi Karen

we're moving to Perth 12th November heading for the yanchep area OH is a painter and decorator too been told by friends over there that there o plenty of work in this area so good luck hun xx

Marg x

Hi Karen

we're moving to Perth 12th November heading for the yanchep area OH is a painter and decorator too been told by friends over there that there o plenty of work in this area so good luck hun xx

Marg x

Hi Marg, my OH is a painter & decorator and we too have been told there is plenty of work but we have not been able to find out what the potential earnings could be. Have you any idea? Also would your OH go self employed or work for someone?

Thanks

Traceyx (OH still undecided on making the move) :mad:

Hi, I'm afraid I'm not to well up on schools Hun. My son was 16 when we moved here & went to TAFE instead of going to school. It really depends on, if you want to be North or South of the river, what work you do, & what you call affordable Hun! Let me know a few more details & I will try & help. X

Hi Caz, if we come over summer next year my son will be 16 and finished his GSCEs. I thought about putting him back a year in Auz so he can then sit their exams as well. Did your son do his GCSEs then go straight into TAFE? What to do for the best is doing my head in:arghh:.

x

Hi, I'm afraid I'm not to well up on schools Hun. My son was 16 when we moved here & went to TAFE instead of going to school. It really depends on, if you want to be North or South of the river, what work you do, & what you call affordable Hun! Let me know a few more details & I will try & help. X

Hi Cazz

My son is 16 and we are coming to Perth in February for a reccie and hopefully to validate. He doesn't want to move but if changes his mind would not want to go to school so we thought about TAFE. How did your son get on and how was the process? Should we go and visit one when we come in Feb?

Thanks

Guest scubabud
Hi Marg, my OH is a painter & decorator and we too have been told there is plenty of work but we have not been able to find out what the potential earnings could be. Have you any idea? Also would your OH go self employed or work for someone?

Thanks

Traceyx (OH still undecided on making the move) :mad:

Hi Tracey

sorry not been on for a few days as shippers are coming tomorrow to pack up all our stuff, not been able to find out much about potential earnings but I think most out there are subbies, but being honest OH isnt bothered whether he has to work for someone until we find our feet - good luck hun

Marg x

Hi Tracey

sorry not been on for a few days as shippers are coming tomorrow to pack up all our stuff, not been able to find out much about potential earnings but I think most out there are subbies, but being honest OH isnt bothered whether he has to work for someone until we find our feet - good luck hun

Marg x

Thanks. Good luck and all the best for your new life downunder. If you have time would love to hear how you settle in to life and work.:smile:

Traceyx

Archived