Aged Parent 804 visa - how long before getting a queue date?

Guest banana123

Guest banana123

Hi there I'm a newby to the forums here and I also want to say thanks for everyone who adds their tuppenceworth - I've found it very helpful, but can't find an answer to this question anywhere.

My background is that I and my sibling are Oz citizens having migrated from the UK, and we sponsored our parents for an onshore aged parent 804 visa. They applied for the visa 2.5 years ago and were given a bridging visa type A within 4 weeks, but they still don't have a queue date. I've called and emailed immmigration several times over the last year and they often say that the queue date/case officer allocation is "imminent", or "they won't have to wait long" but nothing every happens. The last couple of times that I've emailed them they either misinterpret my request (I don't know how - they don't seem to take the time to read the whole email) and answer a question I haven't asked, or simply don't respond. Can anyone provide me with feedback as to how long it takes to get a queue date? Immigration's voicemail still says 15 months, which is patently wrong based upon my/my parent's experience. Thanks heaps!

• 3 months later...
Guest rhodex1980
Hi there I'm a newby to the forums here and I also want to say thanks for everyone who adds their tuppenceworth - I've found it very helpful, but can't find an answer to this question anywhere.

My background is that I and my sibling are Oz citizens having migrated from the UK, and we sponsored our parents for an onshore aged parent 804 visa. They applied for the visa 2.5 years ago and were given a bridging visa type A within 4 weeks, but they still don't have a queue date. I've called and emailed immmigration several times over the last year and they often say that the queue date/case officer allocation is "imminent", or "they won't have to wait long" but nothing every happens. The last couple of times that I've emailed them they either misinterpret my request (I don't know how - they don't seem to take the time to read the whole email) and answer a question I haven't asked, or simply don't respond. Can anyone provide me with feedback as to how long it takes to get a queue date? Immigration's voicemail still says 15 months, which is patently wrong based upon my/my parent's experience. Thanks heaps!

Something wrong somewhere, go into Migration office. PR takes about 10 years after being given a queue date.

Archived