Statutory Declaration

Guest loop the loop

Guest loop the loop

Just wondering if there is a good way of writing a declaration for the partner visa. My partner and I want to do one joint, so how do we write in terms of third person or first person??

We are writing each other's names (as if in third person) to describe events, but we always use the word 'we' when talking about us collectively. Is this ok?

Also, is it better to write a timeline or should I go by the headings in the partner migration booklet (financial, nature of household, social context, nature of commitment).

We started writing it as a timeline but it turned out like a novel! We are keeping it relevant but how long is too long? So far it's 5 pages and almost finished!! I figured because it's a joint one, it won't matter if it's that long??

Guest siamsusie

Loop,

I have seen on PIO some people have written a joint statement. Personally we wrote an A4 each with large writing and loads of spaces.. Each outlining how we met, how we support each other emotionally, physically etc .. followed the guidelines in the book and it was accepted without any problems.

For us that was the easiest part of the whole exercise. I didnt want them to have spend weeks on reading the speel, I wanted my visa pmsl. xx

Eeek... 5 pages. :wink: We wrote a joint statement that was a page and a half of typed A4 in length.

We started "To whom it may concern", then "Matilda & I first met xxxx" , "we started courting on yyyy" and "we moved in together zzzz" that sort of thing. Then losely covered the household finances, chores and future plans. And that was it, no questions were asked.

Guest loop the loop

Just a quick update....I am absolutely stoked right now.

I was stressing out because my partner and I lived together from May 2008 to May 2009 in a rental (and then at his parents until Sep 2009) but I hadn't kept any of my bank statements and the bills in my name.

I just called Commonwealth Bank, Alinta and Synergy and I recovered all of my paperwork! What a relief!

So to anyone who has lost any paperwork, please do check with the institution, you might still be able to get it back! :biggrin:

Archived