Guest tramway

$223 Dentist checkup & clean expensive?

Guest tramway

Hi,

Is $223 expensive for a dentist checkup & clean in Sydney suburbs?

Seems so to me but not had to see one until now so don't know what it should cost.

Thanks

Guest tramway

Cheers, have you ever used them?

Cheers, have you ever used them?

Nope just keep on forking out to my pet porsche owning dentist!

Guest chris955

That seems about right, just hope you don't need any major treatment.

Hi,

Is $223 expensive for a dentist checkup & clean in Sydney suburbs?

Seems so to me but not had to see one until now so don't know what it should cost.

Thanks

That seems to be about right

I'd look into extras cover because I'm with HCF and we get 2 check ups and 2 hygiene appointments a year for us all included with the cover for a family of 4 we pay just over $100 a month.

Working on your price and the kids get 1 free check up a year from government we still pay less with the cover per year and still have coverage for a % of treatment.

Hope that helps

Howard

...IS My Life a Dream? - If It Is I Don't Want to Wake Up...

I just had my first visit to an Australian dentist for a smallish filling - $130. So that sounds expensive to me. Although I have heard horror stories of $300 for a smallish filling and check up. Another friend went to the dentist and was told she needed 5 fillings and it would cost $600 and she had never had a filling before in her life! Ouch!

Guest tramway

Prob should look into Health cover but haven't found the need so far and it just seems like an extra unwanted expense :frown:

Guest tiddywiddy

Out of interest, do dentist sedate in Aus to do fillings/extactions etc under a healthcare, or would that not cover such a thing & I would have to pay £££££ to have that done? Any idea what I would be looking at price wise?

As in the UK I am sooooo nervous I have to be sedated now for any of the above, I pay about £60 per sedation & that includes any of the above on more than one tooth!!!

I may well not come to Aus if they either dont offer this,or if its ££££££££££, lol

Guest tramway
Out of interest, do dentist sedate in Aus to do fillings/extactions etc under a healthcare, or would that not cover such a thing & I would have to pay £££££ to have that done? Any idea what I would be looking at price wise?

As in the UK I am sooooo nervous I have to be sedated now for any of the above, I pay about £60 per sedation & that includes any of the above on more than one tooth!!!

I may well not come to Aus if they either dont offer this,or if its ££££££££££, lol

Just make your you have everything done b4 you leave, our "check up" here will cost more than our mortgage pymt in UK. :cry:

Guest tiddywiddy
Just make your you have everything done b4 you leave, our "check up" here will cost more than our mortgage pymt in UK. :cry:

OMG, no way...... What am I going to do..... :arghh:

Guest henrylouis57

Hi, new to this forum.. I came here to get some deep info. Regarding dentist payments. I have used one of dentist services in recent past month and he overcharged me. I want to know if there is any dental coverage I can get for this, there are other dentist also who do their job honestly and try to give best service in reasonable rates to their customer.