Question about getting married after submitting VISA application

Guest Helchops

Guest Helchops

We were wondering whether we would be able to get married after submitting our VISA application without compromising the application process.

Any Ideas?

Hi its what i'm intending to do, as far as i'm aware there is a form you can fill in to advise of the changes, I am also mentioning it in the additional info bit on the application, I want to submit my app as soon as I receive my SS (if lucky) but I dont get married until 2nd week of June and with the July deadline looming I do not want to risk anything.

We got married shortly (weeks) after our visa was granted and we didnt have any issues. Basically everything prior to me moving here is in my maiden name and when we arrived i took up using my married name. I just carried my marriage cert around with my passport for a while after arrival incase we were asked for ID (which happens alot when you first arrive).

Cal x

Guest Helchops

Thanks for those posts.

We haven't mentioned our move to our family yet, and we do not intend to do so until we know we have the go ahead. We are looking to move asap and the family are expecting a wedding next year. If we postpone it then we run the risk of having to tell them, or worse they think that we are having doubts, but if we go ahead we were worried it would harm our application.

We were wondering whether we would be able to get married after submitting our VISA application without compromising the application process.

Any Ideas?

Getting married is a change of circumstances about which the DIAC should be informed. Most visa applications would not be adversely affected, but some would be; for example subclass 300 would be refused, or if granted, cancelled.