Rudi

Osama Bin Laden dead

BREAKING NEWS:

Reports are that Bin Laden is dead and that the US have his body.

This is great news.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Killed in Afghanistan.

Guest chris955

That is excellent, I hope it wasn't too quick.

That is excellent, I hope it wasn't too quick.

It may sound like good news, but now the trouble will start!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates 1981

Guest Guest31881
It may sound like good news, but now the trouble will start!

Have to agree, the retaliation could be horrendous, I am pleased they caught him, but worried about what happens next.

Guest chris955

No-one is naive enough to think it would be the end but he had to be hunted down, hopefully it will put a dent in their operations. All countries involved in the campaign against him and his evil followers will have to be on high alert.

What..... Again?

Oh well might take the heat of NATO and their pretence that they're not out to kill Ghadaffi.

I hope they have got the right person. Like others I am conscious of likely retribution. Too many people have too much money invested in keeping unrest and terrorism on the front burner.

No-one is naive enough to think it would be the end but he had to be hunted down, hopefully it will put a dent in their operations. All countries involved in the campaign against him and his evil followers will have to be on high alert.

I don't think it will put a dent in their plans, it will make them more determined to take revenge. It was only reported in the British press last week that if anything happens to Bin Laden they have a nucluer weapon hidden in Europe that they will detonate.

Do you really think if Al-Quada had a nuclear weapon, they wouldn't have detonated it already.

These are not nice people who would only do something like that if their leader was killed.

They would do it anytime they could to cause the maximum death and disaster to the west.

This is a very significant victory, because Bin Laden was so revered by his followers. There is not someone who can easily be such a leader figure in Al Quada so it is of great importance.

Do you really think if Al-Quada had a nuclear weapon, they wouldn't have detonated it already.

These are not nice people who would only do something like that if their leader was killed.

They would do it anytime they could to cause the maximum death and disaster to the west.

This is a very significant victory, because Bin Laden was so revered by his followers. There is not someone who can easily be such a leader figure in Al Quada so it is of great importance.

Prof Greg Barton has written a good article in The Age he said "There will be others moving into his position. He was never a great intellectual or a great writer so his role was really as a charismatic front man more than anything else and his greatest claim to fame was being on the run for so long and escaping arrest or capture."

- December 1998, when asked by an interviewer for Time magazine whether he had acquired chemical or nuclear weapons.

"Acquiring weapons for the defense of Muslims is a religious duty... If I seek to acquire these weapons, I am carrying out a duty."

Don't be too gullible. If they had them they would have used them.

Don't be too gullible. If they had them they would have used them.

Don't be too secure that they don't!

One member said Hope it wasn't too quick, but by the look of his face it was quite instant.

08:41 David Hartley, whose wife Marie, 34, of Lancashire, was killed in the 7/11 attacks, has said the news brought no real sense of justice.

quotes_1817837a.gifThey have got one but there are more behind there.

I can't see this meaning terrorism is likely to stop there. They might try retaliating a bit more now.

There is no sense of justice. They have some one but there are plenty of people willing to take his place.

He is just one of them.

Yeah its a bitter sweet moment IMO,, Great, that they have finally got him (and ditched his body at sea according to the press) but i cant help thinking there will be retaliation in the not so distant future.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest Andy

It will be interesting to see the reaction of the muslim population in England because i can quite easily see a number of protests and flag burnings happening on our streets if this news is confirmed.

I can't believe that no one in the Pakistani government knew he was in their country and living in a huge secure complex with 12 ft high walls - and now they're trying to take some credit for 'helping' the US with the operation.

I agree that there will be a significant reaction to this

Sue

Open your eyes; the world is outside your door

Bin Laden has killed many many muslims too.

Hopefully most peaceful muslims will be celebrating too.

I have lost a couple of people from my former unit back in the UK including my boss, so to say I am pleased about this news is an understatement, it still dosn't bring them back but makes me happier in the short term. This does however mean that the job in Afghan will be harder.

Bin Laden has killed many many muslims too.

Hopefully most peaceful muslims will be celebrating too.

That I truly agree with.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Great news to wake up to on a sunday morning................. lets hope it is true, next Gadaffi, Sadam met the hangmans noose and Mugbabe can't live forever, the worlds most horrible tyrants who are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people, mostly their own, are dying one by one.