register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

family of five

Private school fees set to rise?

Dear All,

Just read this re private schools fees, does this mean that fees could be going up and if so by how much?

Was looking at private schools for my kids but don't want them to start and then have to pull them out if the fees go up lots, anyone know any thing about this?

Thanks all

Tina, Family of Five x

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/sunday-mail/private-school-fees-in-600m-funding-hit/story-e6frep2f-1226047555084

WDU filmed 06/07.09, Job offer recevied. AQF III for shoemaker awarded 26.01.12. TRA successful 01.06.12. Qualified as a midwife 23.09.12. 457 Grant 29.01.13 Arrived Brisbane 23.04.13. ENS 186 apllied 16.03.14..

Guest chris955

You will probably have to wait for the budget in a week or so, there is a huge budget deficit and it will be one of the ways the Government will hope to save money.

Now Australia has had the budget can anyone answer this question?

Tina, Family of Five

WDU filmed 06/07.09, Job offer recevied. AQF III for shoemaker awarded 26.01.12. TRA successful 01.06.12. Qualified as a midwife 23.09.12. 457 Grant 29.01.13 Arrived Brisbane 23.04.13. ENS 186 apllied 16.03.14..

Private schools set their own fees so it would depend on the individual school how much they put them up. Catholic schools can differ in fees too depending on the school. Its all about prestige in the private system, charge what the community will bear, snob value I guess.

That said sent mine to private school so not biased in any way.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink: