Short term rental booked and panic has set it!!!

Guest scottishkiwi

Guest scottishkiwi

HI everyone, we have booked a short term rental in Secret Harbour for 3 weeks from 1st July. I am surrounded by boxes and furniture to be dismantled for packing and somehow it doesn't seem real (as if something's gonna stop us going. Is this normal? ). I think I'm panicking because hubby hasn't got a job organised to go to (he's an industrial electrician) and I'm a primary teacher (not wanting to get full time work until we're settled). We have a son (24) who's already there working on a mine (he's the on that talked us into going!) a 19 year old daughter (who has now got a boyfriend and although sad to leave him is excited about going) and an 11 year old daughter (extremely shy and worried about starting a new school etc).

We have organised a place at Assumption Catholic Primary for my daughter but we're keepingan open mind as we haven't even seen the school yet. Does anyone know anything about the school. If she goes to the school we will be looking to rent long term around the Mandurah area.

We also have two wee dogs, so that will make it harder to find a decent rental! Yikes, so much to think about and do! It would be great to hear from anyone in the same boat that is going to perth around the same time.

Guest ebstar

From reading other posts, your worries seem perfectly normal.It's that finnal big step but also start of your biggest adventure. I can't really answer your questions but i'm sure someone who knows that area will be along soon to put your mind at rest. We wish you the best of luck with your move.

Hi, its perfectly normal its such a huge thing you are doing. We live in Secret Harbour and my son goes to Comet Bay Primary. We love it here, we also love Mandurah there certainly will be far more for your 19 year old to do than here in Secret Harbour. You would probably find it a lot easier getting long term rentals in Mandurah too as there seem to be more available and cheaper than here in Secret Harbour. Good luck with your move hun, its all a topsy turvy time but do you know what, its all really worth it, we love it here.:wubclub:

Guest scottishkiwi

Thanks Que Sera Sera (Cath),

Thanks for your positive comments. If you don't mind I am going to send you a PM re schools as I see you have a wee boy at Comet Bay.

It's normal for what you are going to do but see it as an adventure and just enjoy the ride there is no question it's going to a hard and difficult year for you but exciting as well I live in secret harbour as well my children go to secret harbour primary school and have settled in very well and are doing extremely well you will 95% of people will make you welcome because most have done what your doing it's a great suburb I don't think your husband will have much trouble finding work and we have a daughter whos 10 when you get here we will arrange a meet up at a local park are you up for it que sera

Guest scottishkiwi

Thanks TheBrammies, you are making me feel welcome already and we're not even there yet! Yes, it would be great to meet up. My wee girl may even end up going to Secret Harbour primary, who knows? It would be great to keep in touch with you. :) How long have you been there?

We've have been here since 18th august 2009 I wouldn't worry about the schools with the size of move you are doing what difference would few weeks of school make I think you will find it pretty easy to settle in the hard part is how hard you find it away from family and friends like I said on an earlier post there are lots of people that will help you here if you like you can have my mobile number for when you get here plenty of people helped me.

Guest Natty T

Hi, we have 4 children and are hoping to make the move in jan 2012 and Secret Harbour is one of our chosen areas. Our children go to a catholic school in the UK so i'm not sure wether to opt for that in OZ. we have just put our house on the market and the wobbles have set in now, i didn't think it would happen to me as i've been the driving force behind our move but as it gets nearer and real what we are doing i'm starting to panic. I know its the best for us all and will be great but that doubt does start to creep in. You will love it as we will. Good luck X

Thanks Que Sera Sera (Cath),

Thanks for your positive comments. If you don't mind I am going to send you a PM re schools as I see you have a wee boy at Comet Bay.

Sent one back. Me, Yuills and CharmedP3 are all on the school P&C Executive so there are alot of us around, Secret Harbour is full of PIO'ers :biggrin:

Guest scottishkiwi

Thanks Natty T. Yes, it's a scary feeling alright! I'd love to keep in touch with you. How old are your children? I will let you know how I go with the school situation Still undecided about what/where she should go. i don't suppose we'll know till we get there. Please keep in touch :)

Archived