New TV Show - Poms In Paradise ITV

calNgary

Guest Revs30
Sky Living, we get it on virgin media.

Pah, stuff paying for it. Will use a torrent :wink:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha we also love Nothing to Declare and the surfers one. Another one is RSPCA.

Nothing To Declare makes me want to work at Brissie airport, fishing forbidden items out of people's luggage heehee! Or the mail handling unit, spotting genius ways of concealing drugs and such. I actually have contraband detection experience from working in a prison, but suspect such jobs in Aussie airports are government and therefore reserved for citizens. One day!

Guest bindog1uk

Just a reminder for peeps, it's on tonight 7.30 p.m ITV1.:biggrin::biggrin:

:wink:Lesley

On ITV1 tonight at 07:30 pm

http://www.australiamagazine.co.uk/?tag=poms-in-paradise

ITV will be screening a brand new 8 part series about UK migrants to Australia entitled “Poms In Paradise”. (Thinks its only 3 episodes from Cartertucker post above but heres hoping it will be 8)

The series will cover expats from across the UK who are now living in South East Queensland in places like Tamborine Mountain and Surfers Paradise, and will air in May 2011.

Guest kg35

Can't wait to see it...we're currently at the "should we go or should we stay?" (in UK!!) stage...& the Gold Coast is our dream destination....at this moment I wish I could be sure that the prospects for my 2 teenage sons, will be better over there than the way things are currently here!!

Guest perth42

Just in case you don't tune into the telly box... Warts and all programme starting tonight.. Might be worth 1/2 hour of your time!!

:idea:

Guest Revs30

Been watching it and so far? Hmmmm. Struggling just paying mortgage etc etc in the uk, move there and you can afford a place right on the water, and drink champagne in your D and G glasses. Not exactly a true reflection for everyone is it

Guest Revs30

Like I have said in the other post. Didn't really give a true reflection for a normal family I feel. They said they were struggling to pay mortgage etc in the uk?! But they can afford a house right on the water, with a pool and drink champagne on the beach with designer shades on? Erm yeah

Guest Revs30

Didnt really seem like a woman to struggle paying her mortgage, what exactly does she mean struggle? Struggle to pay it due to her direct debits for designer clothes, champagne and caviar?

Guest perth42

Oh bummer... I fell asleep!!!! Doh!!! Right let's hope I can jeep my eyes open for itv+1!!!

Guest perth42
Didnt really seem like a woman to struggle paying her mortgage, what exactly does she mean struggle? Struggle to pay it due to her direct debits for designer clothes, champagne and caviar?

Surely if she was in the uk she would have been in the same position!!....

Guest guest37336

Rock on the botanist,:hug::notworthy: Man after my own heart, now that's what I call the 'Real' Australia.

Cheers Tony.

Thought it was a load of crap really.Didnt show the average brit who moves out to Oz.

Well said, i like it that she was an accountant and he was a builder, i didnt see builder on the SOL last year...

Does anyone think the Aussie tourism industry are sponsering the program because i wont be able to get a waterfront house etc, blatant crap.... :laugh:

Guest guest30085

Im just watching it on +1 ...... I have a feeling I will be back in half hour for a vent :arghh:

:laugh:

Guest Revs30

This show makes me not want to watch it anymore and start watching The Only Way Is Essex. Yes people, I think it's THAT bad. Pleeeeease make the rest of them better and MORE realistic!!!!

Guest perth42

Well that's 15 mins in... Chavtastic family.... All the reasons not to stay in the uk and turns out they are driving along pristine beautiful beaches... Blinking hillbilly's!! The swim/surfer and conservationist guys have made up for the 50% of crud so far!

No one has picked up on the English guy and the Irish guy, both modest and genuine guys, gave us a good rep.....

But that woman, I mean, everything about her, and you wonder why we get a bad rep over there, I would rather the Oz gov personally vet every person, how did they let her in, I would stay 1000 miles away from them.

Rant over, at least she is not on it next week!!! :wink:

Archived