Wetherill Park for work, but where will be home?

Guest FaithinOz

Guest FaithinOz

Having started our permanent visa application and being in that period of WAITING and more waiting.....we are trying to think ahead to where we would set up our home.

We visited Sydney (and fell in love with it) back in January and stayed with wonderful friends in Mona Vale. Our experiences were very focused round the Northern beaches area, which are just beautiful...loved Mona Vale, Narabeen, Manly,Claresville,etc...

Problem is my husbands job offer is in Wetherill Park- and we havent visited any of the southern suburbs or surrounding areas. I havent found a job yet, but as I am an accountant, I imagine I will be working parttime in CBD.

We have a 3 year old daughter and Im keen to find a rental property in an area we can quickly call 'home' and get her settled in kindy, ballet, little nippers,etc... so any ideas where?

In the words of those who went before and Im sure will go after....we are looking to 'live the dream' and ideally want to be as near to beach/waterfront as possible ( no more than 20 min drive). We both are used to an hour long commute in UK, and my husbands job would involve some travelling anyway, but less travel time to work = more family time :cool:

Any ideas?

Having started our permanent visa application and being in that period of WAITING and more waiting.....we are trying to think ahead to where we would set up our home.

We visited Sydney (and fell in love with it) back in January and stayed with wonderful friends in Mona Vale. Our experiences were very focused round the Northern beaches area, which are just beautiful...loved Mona Vale, Narabeen, Manly,Claresville,etc...

Problem is my husbands job offer is in Wetherill Park- and we havent visited any of the southern suburbs or surrounding areas. I havent found a job yet, but as I am an accountant, I imagine I will be working parttime in CBD.

We have a 3 year old daughter and Im keen to find a rental property in an area we can quickly call 'home' and get her settled in kindy, ballet, little nippers,etc... so any ideas where?

In the words of those who went before and Im sure will go after....we are looking to 'live the dream' and ideally want to be as near to beach/waterfront as possible ( no more than 20 min drive). We both are used to an hour long commute in UK, and my husbands job would involve some travelling anyway, but less travel time to work = more family time :cool:

Any ideas?

If you want to live close to a beach, either north or south of Sydney, the commute to Wetherill Park will not be short.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My husband works at Wetherill Park & we live in Harrington Park near Narellan, it's a nice area and beaches are about a 40 min drive away but it's an easy drive with no traffic. We have good schools in the area with lots of swim and dance schools as well. My husband's commute became a lot shorter when he relocated to Wetherill Park and he's now home a lot earlier which counts for a lot. Hope that helps

Fiona

Any ideas?

St Clair is a sort after area for young familys as it has great schools state and private .Max 20 mins to Wetherall Park 45 min to beaches and 45 mins to the Blue mountains.

Look on St Clair Australian Real Estate.com .Lots of poms moved here so you have a nice community.And a nice friendly pub to have family meals and make new friends.

The m4 is quike and not like the u.k moterways.Australia has lots of wonderful beaches which you can explore.Good luck

Archived