beach v swimming pool

Guest alanmarybella

Guest alanmarybella

hello all,

just a quickie!

In an ideal world, we would have both!

Looking at house prices, we have realised that we could afford either a house that is 5 minutes drive from the beach with no swimming pool, or, a house that is 30 minutes drive from the beach but with a pool.

What do people think the most important thing is? What would you use the most? we have a dog, so walking on doggy beach would be a great thing to do.

Many thanks,

alan

Guest Mallam

Swimming pool all day long......I started to dislike the beach after a few months with sand sticking in every orifice, people in your face, jellyfish in the sea....give me my own pool with a lounger by the side a book in my hand and a drink in my hand....ohhh and the ashes on the radio :notworthy:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Most houses seem to be within 30 minutes or nearer to the beach............. which is really close to us living 100km away here in the uk and a pool is a must for us, as wel as a jacuzzi.

Guest Guest16631

....................gotta be a pool........................warm summer nights...............floating in the pool.................glass of wine......[plastic].....clear starry sky..............don't know whats lurking in the sea at night.............:biggrin:

Are you prepared to maintain a pool? Had one once, biggest pain in the backside ever, couldn't wait to get away from the bloody thing.

Upside is you'll never get stuck in a rip and end up in new Zealand with a pool, downside is they go green every time it rains and you don't get huge exercise walking around them.

Downsides with living near the beach too; smaller blocks, more crowds on weekends and stuff goes rusty more easily, but you can walk in isolation and watch the sun rise, take a fishing rod, walk the dogs.

beach every time.

i wouldnt say all blocks by the beach are small im on 900sqm its a decent size , but your right lots of things rust and wooden garden furniture requires more maintenance, in the mornings you wake up and there is a fine layer of salt on your car, especially if there has been a mist,

your limited to what you can grow plant wise in your garden , ive lost so many plants / trees because of the salt in the air , the limestone under ground or the strong winds

Some beaches don't allow dogs (specific dog beaches), we have a pool and tend not to go to the beach as much (about 20 mins away for us) .... great after work in summer, get home and right into the pool to cool down.

We don't have a huge pool so not too difficult to maintain, we changed it over to salt water which has been much easier.

defo a pool for us ....on the odd occassion we have been on the beach ...the sand was soooo hot to walk on [summer] and can get a bit windy ...nothing like a dip in the pool on a hot summers night :biggrin:

mrs keily

We love going to the beach and swimming in the sea and at the local beach opposite Charis Seafood restaurant there is a pool off from the beach area and it's fantastic to swim in.

We're planning to install an above ground pool at our rental in time for summer but our weekend swim will still be the best but we'll have the option of the pool when we need it especially on the warm evenings :)

Guest Guest 47403

Pool for me whilst the kids are young as you can get some shade on it. Beach within 20-30 mins would be fine for weekends.

the other problem with the beach is unless its a main beach there are no life savers or shark watchers , if you get caught in a rip , ,,, it would be nasty

my daughter was at oceaanreef beach a few years ago with a boy friend when they saw a fin , both walked on water almost to get back to the beach a day later it was sighted further towards the city , cured her of the ocean for a while [ but not the beach !!!lol

Guest Guest 47403
the other problem with the beach is unless its a main beach there are no life savers or shark watchers , if you get caught in a rip , ,,, it would be nasty

my daughter was at oceaanreef beach a few years ago with a boy friend when they saw a fin , both walked on water almost to get back to the beach a day later it was sighted further towards the city , cured her of the ocean for a while [ but not the beach !!!lol

Which are the safest beaches for kids around Perth ie shallow, no surf lifeguards etc?

A pool for me....hands down....every time. We just got a house with a pool for the first time, and love it. The kids love it too and are in it most night after school. I just love sitting around on the patio, watching the kids have fun in the pool with a sundowner in hand...bliss!