Guest shark

100 million

Guest shark

100 MILLION on a wedding ,half of which is being paid by the taxpayer ,is the uk gone mad especially at a time when we are up to our eyes in debt ,and public services are being cut and thousands off public workers are facing the chop:mad:

But how much profit to the UK is it bringing in Shark? A well needed boost to shops, hotels, restaurants, the high street and tourism.

Don't know how you would calculate it but I reckon it will balance out.

You are getting a day off work too so it's not all bad!!:cool:

so what happens if i am not a restaurant ,hotel,shop owner and not every one gets the day off !!,i work in the nhs and we do not get the day off due to cut backs !! jon

Had phone interview, job offered, contract signed, AHPRA 'in principle letter' granted, visa commenced, medicals done, awaiting case officer, visa granted! Wohoo!!!:jiggy:

But how much profit to the UK is it bringing in Shark? A well needed boost to shops, hotels, restaurants, the high street and tourism.

That's right Shark, what with the economy growing by a full 0.5% this quarter on the back of all that spending by these squillions of tourists, the economy is now in the same position it was in 6 months ago. Go Royals!!!:confused:

"An inspirational leader...exceptionally enthusiastic, committed and motivated" OFSTED 2014.

Guest guest36187

Im not a royalist by any means but I would say that the revenue and tourism it is bringing in will be well worth it! Its helping to put London and the UK back on the map.

Guest chris955

I dare say the injection from tourism etc will more than pay that back. It will be a huge money spinner for the country and a much needed lift generally. Money well spent.

Guest peacock

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOs2vhUNvzS4FW0kzbKmEwBNumo2Ncy0timS0bhhJbFKSWhS87nA And the flow on effect should help give the economy a further boost

Guest shark

cant afford a day off ,and i dont thing the majority off business that are struggling in the uk can afford to give people a day off ,and yes it will give a boost for the shops ,restaurants in London ,but what will it bring to the rest off Britain,the hype will all be forgotten this time next week ,and we will have that b,,,,x Cameron tilling us we cant afford to keep wasting money,on crap like the last government did

Guest shark

see plenty off "made in china" who are flooding the uk with Royal Wedding memorabilia, that will bring a big boost to small factories in china ,but not our own

cant afford a day off ,and i dont thing the majority off business that are struggling in the uk can afford to give people a day off ,and yes it will give a boost for the shops ,restaurants in London ,but what will it bring to the rest off Britain,the hype will all be forgotten this time next week ,and we will have that b,,,,x Cameron tilling us we cant afford to keep wasting money,on crap like the last government did

I'm sure the North of England will miss out again. I saw some report in the paper about how many street parties had been applied for in the South West and London compared to the North. 100's as opposed to about 5 I think.

Does this reflect to some extent the makeup of the population or is it that Northerners can't be bothered?

Guest shark
I'm sure the North of England will miss out again. I saw some report in the paper about how many street parties had been applied for in the South West and London compared to the North. 100's as opposed to about 5 I think.

Does this reflect to some extent the makeup of the population or is it that Northerners can't be bothered?

my be they cant afford to hold street party's ,they are more worried about keeping the roof on the heads ,and food on the tables ,and finding the money to pay for this wedding

£0.80 per person in the UK - A hell of a lot cheaper than the olympics or commonwealth games.

“Self-conceit may lead to self destruction"

Guest chris955

There have been 5500 applications altogether, I would imagine there should be more than 5 up North :wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Its always going to be contentious what ever big event the Royals do.............. weddings especially............. it is a lot of money, but............. it is showing the world what a great country the uk is and............. i think there is envy from other countries that they don't have our Monarchy which is steeped in centuries of history, both good and bad. I heard that visitor numbers to the uk because of the wedding had zoomed up, so there is some benefits.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

They are a lovely couple though............... and Williams not bad either. lol

william-kate.jpg

Guest The Ropey HOFF

William is losing his hair fast and............ he has bagged a stunner.

Kate%20Middleton%20(10).jpeg

Guest jojaks

Absolutley right mate , Im from Sheffeild and couldnt give a T*$$ !!!.

I own a small business that has just had two days shut and wont be closed this friday because i cant afford to be , my staff will be working as they too cant afford a day off,

However i think the wedding will be great for the economy and its money well spent !!

Maybe some of the uk arent interested but the amount of foreigners who are turning up with extra cash to spend because of the week pound will be great for those who are benifitting from it all and good on em too !!

I wish i were one of em !

Guest peacock
William is losing his hair fast and............ he has bagged a stunner.

Kate%20Middleton%20(10).jpeg

whats the bloke in the yellow shorts looking at ?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

What bloke............. i have only been looking at her. lol

whats the bloke in the yellow shorts looking at ?

He's maybe fishing for clams

Guest guest17301

a drop in the ocean, theres wasted money and theres wasted money....is this wedding really a waste? I dont think so, though many disagree, my own family included. I think you need to look at the bigger picture here...

a drop in the ocean, theres wasted money and theres wasted money....is this wedding really a waste? I dont think so, though many disagree, my own family included. I think you need to look at the bigger picture here...

It is apparently going to be worth a billion - good return on investment I reckon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/8476691/Radical-Muslim-group-cancels-royal-wedding-protest-amid-terrorism-fears.html

The radical group Muslims Against Crusades have cancelled their protest at the Royal Wedding claiming the event is a terrorist target

Lets hope nothing happens

Guest shark
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/8476691/Radical-Muslim-group-cancels-royal-wedding-protest-amid-terrorism-fears.html

The radical group Muslims Against Crusades have cancelled their protest at the Royal Wedding claiming the event is a terrorist target

Lets hope nothing happens

time to kick them out ,of the country along with the royal family ,as for a terrorist attack hopefully with all the security the taxpayer is paying for ,it wont happen

Crikey! I don't even get to see what I've paid for cos I'll be working aswell! Someone said 'you can watch it on catch up TV' not quite the same though lol.