175, 885 or what?

Guest fieldsofgold

Guest fieldsofgold

Hi everyone,

First of all I do apologize if I am posting my question in the wrong thread; I looked for a relevant one and I was not able to find any.

My question is about the proper subclass for permanent residency application; it goes like this:

I am a student and I am on student visa subclass 475 but at the same time I have registered my dentistry diploma with Australian Dental Council and therefor I am eligible for migration based on SOL list.

Since I am a student, I will not be able to apply for sponsorship and I have to apply for independent visa. It means 175 or 885 subclasses. However my situation does not fit in either because according to my understanding 175 is for offshore migration applicants and 885 is for those who have completed a degree in Australia. I may be totally off though so I'd appreciate if you can help me and clarify this for me.

Cheers

Anna

Very difficult to comment based on what you have told us.

You have said you are a student and also mentioned subclass 475, which is not a student visa. And if you are a student then how can you also be qualified for a 175/6 skilled migrant visa?

Have you looked into the eligibility of both of this visas you are considering? Do you qualify for either of them? You would have to be qualified and experienced in an occupation on the SOL to be eligible for the 175/6 skilled migrant visa.

Guest fieldsofgold

Hey Pumpkin and thanks for your reply

I made a mistake; I've been on 574 for a year now. Before that I was working as a dentist in Sweden. I have registered my degree with Australian Dental Council and now I think I am eligible for skilled worker migration but 175 is offshore and 885 is for those degrees earned in Australia.

Pretty confused I am :)

Archived