remaining relative

Guest Sanjita

Guest Sanjita

hi my name is sanjita and m the only remaing child in my family in fiji. my parents are deceased and my two brothers and two sisters are in Aus currently. i m also married with two children. could some one please advice as to the steps i need to take to apply for migration under last remaining relative.

Thanks.

Guest PocketMamma

You should firstly check out all the information on DIAC's website. All information on the visa such as cost and application forms are there.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/115/

I've spoken to DIAC about this visa as I was looking into applying for it myself (with my partner and daughter), however from what I understand your partner will also need to be a last remaining relative. I am eligible for the visa however my partner isn't - while he has a sister here with permanent residency, his parents live in Ireland and England so he was not eligible - so I'd be able to enter Australia but he wouldn't. It seems a bit unfair to me - especially as my partner has a sister here but BOTH parties have to be a 'last remaining relative'.

Guest Tillyloola

If you have a partner and and child in the country, from what I understand you are not eligible for the last remaining relative visa as you have family there (your partner and child). I was under the understanding that there had to be absolutely no one left.

If you have a partner and and child in the country, from what I understand you are not eligible for the last remaining relative visa as you have family there (your partner and child). I was under the understanding that there had to be absolutely no one left.

This is incorrect.

No a partner and a dependent child is fine.

However if the partner has close family outside Australia, i.e. OP has in-laws, then the last remaining relative visa is not an option. As in-laws are family.

Guest Sanjita

hi just to clarify things further. I m the last remaining in my family here, but my husband has a brother in Aus and the rest of the family are here in fiji. would we still be able to apply for the visa?

Guest PocketMamma
hi just to clarify things further. I m the last remaining in my family here, but my husband has a brother in Aus and the rest of the family are here in fiji. would we still be able to apply for the visa?

If your husbands family in fiji include immediate family members (parents or siblings) then no, I'm afraid you won't be eligible for this visa.

Guest Sanjita
If your husbands family in fiji include immediate family members (parents or siblings) then no, I'm afraid you won't be eligible for this visa.[/quote

The only way to get a remaining relative visa would be to dispose of your husband. Probably not such a good idea.

Are there any other visas you or your husband might be eligible for? Looks like the skilled visas are probably going to be your only options.

Archived