Sign in to follow this  
cazhoney

After receiving the visa - Money?

Hi all,

I am still waiting for my visa, but I have a question.

After we receive the visa.....when we are moving to Oz....do we need to have or declare a specific amount of money? Do they demand that we take money enough to "survive" for a while without a job?

I have NSW SS, but they didn´t ask for any money proof.

Carolina

Visa type: 175 - IELTS: 10/07/2008 - Skills Assessment: IE 01/05/2009 - Applied DIAC: 11/06/2009 - Asked for NSW Sponsorship: 29/01/10 Received: 02/02/10 - Case officer: 10/03/11 - Medicals and PCCs: 12/04/11 - SS from NSW Withdrawn: 01/06/2011 - Grant Visa: 03/06/11

No, nobody will demand to see you have enough money to live on. Nevertheless it is not a bad idea to have some. :wink:

No, nobody will demand to see you have enough money to live on. Nevertheless it is not a bad idea to have some. :wink:

Hi Pumkin!

thanks!

My husband asked me this today, and I didn´t know the answer....LOL

The rules chenged so many times since we first applied, and when we asked for SS, some states asked for proof of money....I got confused....

So, you are sure abot it right? :cute:

We do have some money, but thinking about investing it, instead of leaving it waiting in the bank account....

Visa type: 175 - IELTS: 10/07/2008 - Skills Assessment: IE 01/05/2009 - Applied DIAC: 11/06/2009 - Asked for NSW Sponsorship: 29/01/10 Received: 02/02/10 - Case officer: 10/03/11 - Medicals and PCCs: 12/04/11 - SS from NSW Withdrawn: 01/06/2011 - Grant Visa: 03/06/11

From your post you are past state sponsorship approval stage, so no you willk not be asked to prove funds as it is not part of the main visa process for skilled mgration.