newjez

Snake Bite in the UK

Guest Mallam

No one has ever died from a snake bite in the UK, the bite of the adder is akin to a bee sting.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

You would know about it if you got bit by one if you were in the bushes with yer kegs round yer ankles having a wee. lol

Guest Mallam
You would know about it if you got bit by one if you were in the bushes with yer kegs round yer ankles having a wee. lol

:biglaugh: it would probably think my little tidder was it's baby.

No one has ever died from a snake bite in the UK, the bite of the adder is akin to a bee sting.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Bites-snake/Pages/Introduction.aspx

There have been 14 reported deaths from adder bites - not sure if they are uk or if you can get them on the continent

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Guest Mallam
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Bites-snake/Pages/Introduction.aspx

There have been 14 reported deaths from adder bites - not sure if they are uk or if you can get them on the continent

Loads more people die of wasp and bees stings though....Since records began in 1876 there have only been 14 reported deaths as a result of probable adder bites.

Guest Guest 47403

Last reported death from an adder bite in the UK was 1975, about 100 people a year get bitten so chances of dying are pretty slim.

1st thing that entered me head when i seen the thread title was half a lager and half cider=snakebite....fighting gear,banned in some of the pubs where im from

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

we have it with a dash of blackcurrant aswell pabs, known it to be called a black panther aswell!

LIVE.....LAUGH....... DREAM.........LOVE

Horrible stuff - I'll stick to bitter and lager thanks

Guest Mallam
we have it with a dash of blackcurrant aswell pabs, known it to be called a black panther aswell!

blimey, just have a cordial then...what a waste of good drink :laugh:

Guest chris955

You're more likely to die from being hit in the head by a meteorite than from an Adder bite.

You're more likely to die from being hit in the head by a meteorite than from an Adder bite.

I think you're right there mate - if you got hit in the head with a meteorite, your chances of dying would be pretty high!

Guest DeanAllan
For all those worried about the creapy crawlies in Oz, watch your feet

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110423/tuk-nine-year-old-in-hospital-after-snak-45dbed5.html

If you are worried about the creepy crawlies in OZ, check out an organisation called Working with Wildlife. Not only do they have all the information on snakes and their behaviour when they come into contact with people but you can also download free snake bit first aid sheets.http://www.workingwithwildlife.com.au/index.php