Contributory Parent (Temporary) (subclass 173) visa

Guest wannabeeoz

Guest wannabeeoz

Hi every one.I am new to this forum and was hoping for some advice.I want to join my daughter in oz and am thinking of the 173 temp. then applying for permanent once there.does any one have any experience of this?Time scale etc?

Hi every one.I am new to this forum and was hoping for some advice.I want to join my daughter in oz and am thinking of the 173 temp. then applying for permanent once there.does any one have any experience of this?Time scale etc?

Hi

We are going down this route and just got a case officer last month after a waiting time of around 12 months. The waiting time for a CO for the 173 is the same as the waiting time for the 143. There is a useful tracker here set up by someone who posts on here and has the CPV:

http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php

The waiting time for a CO has recently speeded up from around 15-18 months.

I am assuming you are aware that your daughter needs to be 'settled' and that you need to pass the balance of family test?

There is a Parent visa thread which is a sticky at the top of this forum so if you have any more queries you can post on there and there are lots of knowledgeable people on there.

Guest wannabeeoz
Hi

We are going down this route and just got a case officer last month after a waiting time of around 12 months. The waiting time for a CO for the 173 is the same as the waiting time for the 143. There is a useful tracker here set up by someone who posts on here and has the CPV:

I am assuming you are aware that your daughter needs to be 'settled' and that you need to pass the balance of family test?

There is a Parent visa thread which is a sticky at the top of this forum so if you have any more queries you can post on there and there are lots of knowledgeable people on there.

Thanks for that. I had looked at that link and was wondering what "co" was.Now i know.I'll try the sticky.Thanks.

• 3 years later...
Hi

Hi,

I am thinking of prepare the 173 for my parents, but I still saving money for the 1st installment (now it is $29000 !!!), just got a question, when I lodge the application do I have to pay this 1st installment or it will be after 12 months when I got a CO ?

Archived