Randwick, Sydney pros and cons...

Guest brucengo

Guest brucengo

Hi there, just getting some opinions on people who have lived in Randwick as it's pretty much highest on a shortlist of areas I'd be interested in living once I make the move in June.

Ideally looking for a laid back place to live with a decent level of shops/cafes not too expensive rent, and not too far from a beach and park space.

Will be commuting to Kogarah, but the OH to CBD, but not too fussed about the distance.

Would love to hear from anyone who has lived/is living in Randwick.

Thanks!

There's no railway station at Randwick and I don't think there is a direct bus service to Kogarah so you will have to drive. Buses are OK to the city from Randwick 20 to 30 mins? Can you afford Bondi Junction? You will be close to beaches and on the train line to Kogarah via the City.

Guest brucengo

Hey Mary, thanks for the reply. I'll be driving, so not too worried about public transport to Kogarah. I'll also be looking at Bondi Junction, but I didn't think much of it as a place to live (only there for 3 weeks mind) and Randwick seems like less of an urban block compared (?) from what I have read and people have said...