Guest scottishkiwi

New here with heaps of questions, re: industrial sparkies to start with!

Guest scottishkiwi

Hi there, we are planning on arriving in Perth at the end of June:biggrin: My husband is an industrial electrician and I am a primary school teacher, although I won't be looking to work full time until my wee girl (11) is settled in school etc.

Mu husband already has his WA A grade license and he is going over in mid May to complete a HV switching course ( because he has the experience but not the cert and some adverts are requiting this). We are hoping that this will give his CV an added boost for some of the better paying projects that are on the go. He is happy to do FIFO. He has been on the phone daily and all the recruiters say is 'get back to me when you get here'. So, we are really hoping that there will indeed be plenty of work for him. Neither of us have ever been to perth but my son is working there as a dump truck driver in a mine. He is loving it (and the money) and assures us that my husband won't have a problem. If there are any sparkies out there that can reassure me OR the opposite, Id be very grateful!

Sorry this is so looooong!

Hi there, we are planning on arriving in Perth at the end of June:biggrin: My husband is an industrial electrician and I am a primary school teacher, although I won't be looking to work full time until my wee girl (11) is settled in school etc.

Mu husband already has his WA A grade license and he is going over in mid May to complete a HV switching course ( because he has the experience but not the cert and some adverts are requiting this). We are hoping that this will give his CV an added boost for some of the better paying projects that are on the go. He is happy to do FIFO. He has been on the phone daily and all the recruiters say is 'get back to me when you get here'. So, we are really hoping that there will indeed be plenty of work for him. Neither of us have ever been to perth but my son is working there as a dump truck driver in a mine. He is loving it (and the money) and assures us that my husband won't have a problem. If there are any sparkies out there that can reassure me OR the opposite, Id be very grateful!

Sorry this is so looooong!

Hi and welcome to PIO. An ex-supervisor of mine is in Perth and he assures me that there will be no problem in getting work once we arrive, I too am an electrician (special class), how did your husband get his WA A class license if you've never been to Oz ??

Gary (37 electrician special class), Maxine (37, Nurse), Macy (12) & Thomas (3). WA SS Applied 20.12.10 received 02.02.11, 176 visa applied 16.02.11, Co assigned 16.03.11, everything uploaded 15.05.11..visa granted 24.5.11. Fly 8.1.12...arrived in Perth 12.1.12...

Guest scottishkiwi

Hi there,

My husband is a Kiwi and they have reciprocal regs (thank goodness for that!). It's all very exciting and scary at the same time eh? I see you have a wee girl of 11 too. When are you planning on getting there? Looks as thought tere is heaps of opportunities for nurses if your wife is keen to work. Keep in touch, Gary. Brent will have more insight once he's done this course, so we can fill you in on the lecky info.

Guest MaybeOz

Welcome to PIO

Wishing you the very best for your adventure.

Kari :wubclub:

Hi there,

My husband is a Kiwi and they have reciprocal regs (thank goodness for that!). It's all very exciting and scary at the same time eh? I see you have a wee girl of 11 too. When are you planning on getting there? Looks as thought tere is heaps of opportunities for nurses if your wife is keen to work. Keep in touch, Gary. Brent will have more insight once he's done this course, so we can fill you in on the lecky info.

Thanks, I will keep in touch to see how he went on.......we are hoping to be there in Nov/Dec of this year just waiting on one more thing for the visa then should be able to start booking flights etc..The wife isn't shy of work, she works for the NHS so knows how to put the hours in !!!!!! ....keep in touch

Gary (37 electrician special class), Maxine (37, Nurse), Macy (12) & Thomas (3). WA SS Applied 20.12.10 received 02.02.11, 176 visa applied 16.02.11, Co assigned 16.03.11, everything uploaded 15.05.11..visa granted 24.5.11. Fly 8.1.12...arrived in Perth 12.1.12...