457 visa - help!!!!

Hi all,

My hubby has a possible employer sponsor (we are waiting to hear from them). Originally we were going down the skilled indepedent route (175) - we are doing this through Global Visas who have already charged us £1400.

Now if we end up going down the route of the 457 visa, Global visas have said they want another £900??? Seems crazy as we have already paid them the above amount yet done most of the work ourselves! Begrudge paying another £900 and wondered - has anyone done this by themselves? Is it do able? Should we just pay them?? We feel like we are paying out so much and its never ending!!

Stressed out in a big way!

Any advice on this would be gratefully received :arghh:

Alex xx

Guest philm

Well the costs I've been told recently are:

The Client agrees to pay the sum of $4,750 in instalments:

a) $2200 on appointment for the Standard Business Sponsorship

b) $1550 on appointment for the Nomination

c) $1000 on appointment for the Visa Application

The 1st 2 items on the list a + b are supposed to be paid by the employer by law to stop exploitation. Only the 3rd item is payable by the you.

Maybe that's it, £600 for the visa and £300 on top for their time?

Hi all,

My hubby has a possible employer sponsor (we are waiting to hear from them). Originally we were going down the skilled indepedent route (175) - we are doing this through Global Visas who have already charged us £1400.

Now if we end up going down the route of the 457 visa, Global visas have said they want another £900??? Seems crazy as we have already paid them the above amount yet done most of the work ourselves! Begrudge paying another £900 and wondered - has anyone done this by themselves? Is it do able? Should we just pay them?? We feel like we are paying out so much and its never ending!!

Stressed out in a big way!

Any advice on this would be gratefully received :arghh:

Alex xx

Well it is a different application and process, so it seems reasonable to me that they would charge a fee for handling this new application.

Having said that, you don't need to use Global Visas and I would have thought the employer would be paying most of the visa fees not you.

Why don't you just continuie the 175 with Global Visas and deal with the 457 separately.

I went down this route and got a 457 whilst waiting for my 175. I don't know your situation so can only speak for me. My case is fairly straight forward, a couple of mild health problems, no criminal record. I'm a vet which is fairly cut and dry. Just me and my partner/no kids. I did both the 175 and the 457 without an agent without any problems. The 457 application in particular was very straight forward for us.

Thanks all for your help with this, its nice to get advice on these matters! Think we will do the 457 alone, save my £900!!

Also, if my hubby gets job they want him to start in July, I was maybe going to join him out there in Sept in case we needed to tie up loose ends here. We are being told that you have to fly out together and I will have to fly back to the UK to tie up loose ends and then back to Oz?

Does anyone know about this rule?

Thanks

Thanks all for your help with this, its nice to get advice on these matters! Think we will do the 457 alone, save my £900!!

Also, if my hubby gets job they want him to start in July, I was maybe going to join him out there in Sept in case we needed to tie up loose ends here. We are being told that you have to fly out together and I will have to fly back to the UK to tie up loose ends and then back to Oz?

Does anyone know about this rule?

Thanks

Never heard of this rule before. I don't think it is true.

We've just had a 457 granted recently and there was no mention that we have to arrive at the same time. And indeed I'm sure I've read many times that folk have gone at separate times.

I will also echo what others have said about doingthe 457 visa yourself. Now our case was very straightforward (established sponsor, fully qualified and years of experience in role, married, no ill health or criminal record) but the process to apply for the e457 was fairly easy really.

Must also agree with Pumpkin that if you wanted to use your existing agent then the fee they are charging seems fair.

• 1 month later...
Guest MongooseB

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the requirements for a 457 visa approval include proof of accommodation?

My OH has been told he will have to provide proof of accommodation for visa approval (this coming from his potential employer).

It's the first we've heard of this!

Archived