Bringing medications to Aus

piglet1

I bought 5 months supply of Mercilon (Birth Control Pills) as they are cheaper here I think, and I don't want to miss any pills in case anything happens. We don't need a prescription to get BCP here in Malaysia, but wondering if I would get into trouble while entering Aus? Since they are quite strict with medications and whatnots :(

And also a couple of antihistamines (dust allergy) and panadols!

Guest NeilEB

Is that the same for stuff like Asthma medication? DO I have to declare them on arrvial, or just leave them in my bag like I do normally?

Is that the same for stuff like Asthma medication? DO I have to declare them on arrvial, or just leave them in my bag like I do normally?

I leave them in my bag. They do a bag search and barely look at them usually. However, last few years because the cannisters are liquid I had to put them in the old clear plastic bag along with other liquids. They told me to do that. 3 inhalers from hand luggage.

Guest NeilEB
I leave them in my bag. They do a bag search and barely look at them usually. However, last few years because the cannisters are liquid I had to put them in the old clear plastic bag along with other liquids. They told me to do that. 3 inhalers from hand luggage.

They're liquids? I always thought they were gasses. Oops, I've never put them in the clear bags before....

I bought 5 months supply of Mercilon (Birth Control Pills) as they are cheaper here I think, and I don't want to miss any pills in case anything happens. We don't need a prescription to get BCP here in Malaysia, but wondering if I would get into trouble while entering Aus? Since they are quite strict with medications and whatnots :(

And also a couple of antihistamines (dust allergy) and panadols!

Just a quickie. I was really worried about going to the doctor and getting my prescriptions and the costs etc, because certain people on here do like to scare you. Anyway to cut a long story short when I had ran out of my birth control pills I phoned the docs. They asked me in for an appointment THAT AFTERNOON:swoon:Anyway I went in 10 minutes early:swoon:It cost me $56 for the appointment and I got back $42 from Medicare :jiggy:Also the prescription was a repeat prescription for a 12 months supply broken down into a packet of 4 months at a time which costs me $20, so $20 for 4 months is not what I would call anything to worry about.:wubclub: Good luck!

They're liquids? I always thought they were gasses. Oops, I've never put them in the clear bags before....

Well yes they are gases but they classed them as liquid so they had to be put in the plastic bag and be checked. Perhaps I've just been unlucky when I've flown :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest taylorvillas

Just to confirm, if I bring my meds and pop them in the bag, the copy of the repeat prescription form should be fine?

Thanks in advance

Tracy