Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kazzamctaz

Bringing partner on student visa

Recommended Posts

Guest kazzamctaz

Hi guys,

I recently got accepted in to a full time course in University of Notre Dame, Perth and want to take my boyfriend with me. Im from the UK and he is from Estonia. We met in June 2009 while working on a tomato farm in Queensland and stating going out August 2009. We have lived together since Sept 2009 but don't have much in the way of evidence apart from declarations from the landlord. We went to Perth together in Nov 2009 (I have flight itinery for this) and lived together both in a hostel and in a shared flat until end July 2010. Again, not much eveidence to prove this except statements from landlord, employer (we also worked together) and flatmates. We then moved back to the UK together but on the way we stopped in Thailand for a holiday, went to Estonia so I could meet his parents, and then to Ireland so he could meet my parents. I have itinery for all these flights together. We have now been living in Scotland together for 7 months and have a joint electricity account and lots of letters showing we live at the same address. We are going to Ireland for my cousin's wedding next week and will have photos and flight itinery for this. Our parents (his and mine) are all coming to Scotland in a couple of weeks to meet each other because they know how serious we are about eachother.

I'm worried we don't have enough "official" evidence to prove we've been living together for a year like bills for the time we were in Perth. Will it make a difference if immigration take into consideration the fact that Kristo only came to the UK to be with me and the fact our families have met? Surely they have to take this into account?


I'd love to hear from anyone who has any advice or has been through the same thing. Can Kristo come out on a tourist visa until the defacto visa is granted if we don't have it by the time my course begins?


We will need help processing the visa, does anyone know of a good migration agent who can help?


Any advice is much appreciated :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Laura G



As long as you can show 12 months evidence of living together and being in an exclusive relationship this would be good.


You can show the travel information as this will evidence a relationship timeline, you can also provide Statutory Declarations evidencing that you have met the Parents etc.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this