You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

tazmania

VE 176 Visa Granted! Implications for landing & settling in different State!

Hi guys,

We received our visa grant VE 176 last 31st March 2011 and we are WA sponsored. However, my wife & I plans to land in Victoria instead of WA.

My questions are, what would be the implications & problems that we might encounter if we proceed to settle & live in Victoria? The current problem that we might face & future trouble like gaining citizenship?

Please help us before we finalise our plans and any advice is highly appreciated! We are planning to fly to Melbourne end of August this year.

Thank you in advance!~

Tazmania:unsure:

Guest MOTO
Hi guys,

We received our visa grant VE 176 last 31st March 2011 and we are WA sponsored. However, my wife & I plans to land in Victoria instead of WA.

My questions are, what would be the implications & problems that we might encounter if we proceed to settle & live in Victoria? The current problem that we might face & future trouble like gaining citizenship?

Please help us before we finalise our plans and any advice is highly appreciated! We are planning to fly to Melbourne end of August this year.

Thank you in advance!~

Tazmania:unsure:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

There are plenty of people who genuinely would like to live in the state that sponsored them.

I really hope that in the future Australian government will close the door so that people like you wouldn’t be able to abuse the system.

Regards,

MOTO

Hey Moto,

We're just sharing our thoughts here... So better not to jump on conclusion!

There are plenty of people who genuinely would like to live in the state that sponsored them.

I really hope that in the future Australian government will close the door so that people like you wouldn’t be able to abuse the system.

Regards,

MOTO

I think this has been done to death on here, a quick search will reveal all. I tihnk the gist is that it is a moral obligation not a legal one but knowing the Oz system I wouldn't be surprised if they do start clamping down on this loop hole that people use to fast track their applications often knowing full well they have no intention of moving to the state that sponsors them.

Guest amer

Hi Tazmania,

I have read a few forums regarding this topic, and as far as I can gather there is no legal implications relating to this. Even when the time comes for RRV, you are only required to satisfy the 2 year out of 5 year requirements.

Having said that its my view that anyone who does that is morally wrong of trying to cheat the very same country that you wish to be a resident of, though I have absolutely no intention of imposing my thoughts upon you. OZ is a free country, as long as you do not do anything against the law then you should be fine.

Guest amer

Regards,

MOTO

Just a thought, had DIAC cleared all the backlogs for 175 and not leave applicants waiting for years, this type of abuse would have been greatly reduced.

Hey Moto,

We're just sharing our thoughts here... So better not to jump on conclusion!

Sounds more like a 'plan', nothing thoughtful at all buddy!

Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere ~ Gilbert K. Chesterton

Vetassess:Feb'09 IELTS: Mar'09 SA SS(176): Sep'10

Visa application: Oct'10 CO: May'11 MEDS & PCC: Oct'12 VISA Grant: 5th Feb 2013:jiggy:

Guest Tori71

Biting off the hand that feeds you, just wrong. We have been granted a Visa under State Sponsership from Victoria and now have an over whelming sence of commitment towards the State. There is a moral obligation to fulfil and to even think of abusing this before you get there - shame on you.

Guest DCAL

Hi All

So regardless of if they are biting the hand that feeds them, the question is is if you want t stay in Oz. Put simply you have to prove that you have lived in the state that sponsors you and you have to check in with the state at certain points and the state does do back checks. If you FAIL to meet these requirements, you will be in breach of your visa and run the risk of having your visa with drawn.

Up to you, but its one risk I would not be willing to put my family through.

I kinda think that the moral obligation should be enough to make people go to where they have been sponsored, its the perk of 176 otherwise 175 should have been the option, I'm not moaning at you because you could have a million reasons for your question. I really wanted to stay in Queensland however will be doing my 2 years min in SA as that's what I have said I will do and also it kind of supports the system where they benefit from the skills and we benefit from the quicker processing!! Also means I don't have that dark cloud looming if they try and cancel visas and stuff like that!!:spinny:

Is living it up in Glenelg North!