IT- Skills Classification

Guest stephen6aitken

Guest stephen6aitken

Help !!!

I'm trying to fill in the visa forms but not sure what skills category I fall into.

I was an IT consultant (Programme Mgmt mainly) for 10 year then I moved into industry earlier this year where I continue to run IT Programmes (suppose its more of an internal IT consultancy role).

So on the skills classification, am I:

- a management consultant (50 points)

- a business and IT professional (50 points)

- IT Officer - Computing Professionals (60 points)

- something else ?

The extra points are crucial to hit the 110 needed.

Also - once I pick one, does that restrict what work I can do once I get over.

Thanks

Help !!!

I'm trying to fill in the visa forms but not sure what skills category I fall into.

I was an IT consultant (Programme Mgmt mainly) for 10 year then I moved into industry earlier this year where I continue to run IT Programmes (suppose its more of an internal IT consultancy role).

So on the skills classification, am I:

- a management consultant (50 points)

- a business and IT professional (50 points)

- IT Officer - Computing Professionals (60 points)

- something else ?

The extra points are crucial to hit the 110 needed.

Also - once I pick one, does that restrict what work I can do once I get over.

Thanks

Have you gotten a skills assessment and are you applying for a permanent skilled visa?

If you want a professional opinion on where you stand insofar as an IT assessment and points are concerned, I may be able to help if you contact me via my website Ptlabs Consulting - Initial Assessment

Cheers

Peter

Guest stephen6aitken

Haven't got a skills assessment. Is that something I get from the official Immigration office or elsewhere.

Thx

Haven't got a skills assessment. Is that something I get from the official Immigration office or elsewhere.

Stephen

That's a prerequisite step before you can apply for a permanent skilled visa with the Department of Immigration (DIAC). You get a skills assessment from one of the skills assessment bodies; for example the Australian Computer Society (ASC) for IT occupations and so on.

Cheers

Peter

Guest stephen6aitken

Peter

Thanks for this

I've just submitted my details through to you via the link in your earlier post. Would appreciate your professional opinion.

Best Regards

Archived