Sign in to follow this  
Guest steve cook

457 application timescales

Guest steve cook

Hi,

I've just accepted a position in Perth and wondered how long the process will take. Any information on timescales from recent transfers or others who are currently going through the 457 process would be appreciated. I have been told 4-6weeks but not sure if this is accurate?

thanks to all you lucky people in oz - hopefully we'll be there soon:smile:

Steve.

Guest cazbob

Hi steve, take a look at the following for 457 times:

457 Processing Times Thread

and

457 Processing Times Spreadsheet

4 - 6 is generally the average with WA seeming to be a little bit quicker, particularly earlier in the year. It's a very hit and miss timeline though so don't hold your breath too much!

best of luck,

C

Guest MongooseB
Hi,

I've just accepted a position in Perth and wondered how long the process will take. Any information on timescales from recent transfers or others who are currently going through the 457 process would be appreciated. I have been told 4-6weeks but not sure if this is accurate?

thanks to all you lucky people in oz - hopefully we'll be there soon:smile:

Steve.

Hi Steve,

If you have everything in order, ie, medicals, xrays, paperwork etc. your visa can be issued within 48 hours. This was recently the case with a friend who is going over, so I know this as a fact. Also, being WA, there seems to be a push on recruiting in that area right now, so they are getting the visas through fairly quickly.

Well done! We are still waiting to hear on a job and hopefully May will deliver the answer we are waiting for. Wish us luck!

Enjoy Oz!!

Guest steve cook

48hrs - wow. not quite ready for that - got lots to sort out but realistically would love to be on a plane around 1st June. thanks.

Guest TheBrockmans

We applied for our 457 on 22nd Feb and was granted around the 20th April so 8 weeks seems about right.:biggrin: Not sure about the 48hrs tho unless already there, but we didn't need medicals etc and it still took 8 weeks. Good luck.

Hey steve we are like you as my other half been offered new position on barrow island.... took just 11 days for the visas no medicals needed for us and are flying out on the 31st May!!!! Its been mad and very very fast but we are now just about ready/ well nearly anyway lol. Hope it all works out for you and congrats on your new job.

Whats your new job by the way ?

Lobeany ... crazy girl nearly in Oz :wink: