Employer Nomination Scheme

dingeroo

Hi anyone out there know how the Employer Nomination scheme works? We have been told its our only chance of gettting to oz, does my partner have to get a job in his profession or can it be any job that he has experience in? How long does the visa take once he has a job offer? Any help would be sooooo grateful! maxine x:biggrin:

He will need to get an approved sponsor (employer) in a profession that is on the ENSOL list, visa is usually granted for 4 years. Our visa took about 2 months from application to being granted. If you are lucky the sponsor will pay for a migration company to do the application.

You can check this site for all the info: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/

Good luck

There are two types of Employer sponsored visas, the temporary up to four year one (457) or the permanent residency one. If you're wanting to move for good, then you'll need permanent residency eventually, even if you come out on a 457 in the first instance. check with your employer that they're willling to sponsor the PR at some point. On a 457, if the employment terminates, you have 28 days to leave the country or apply for another visa.

457s are generally processed much faster than the PR one, so it's not uncommon to put in applications for both, so you can get out to australia and start work on the 457 while the PR one is being processed. I think PR ones are taking about 6months at the moment, but don't quote me on that.