Shipping Cost from Top 8 Companies (Hope it helps)

Guest gem and si

Guest janeubu
Yes I was there 2 years ago, I am a returnee. There are certain rules and regulations but If you have owned the car a year then you should be fine. We're taking ours as it's worth a lot more in Oz and the cost of buying a new one is very expensive in Perth despite the costs involved in transportation.

Good luck with your forthcoming move. January will be here before you know it.

Out of interest, what is everyone paying for contents insurance?

Jxx

oh brill so where are you heading?would you say nor or south is best?cheers jane:smile:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jackie Macdonald
oh brill so where are you heading?would you say nor or south is best?cheers jane:smile:

We will be residing close to the City. What area, we haven't decided on yet and I haven't spend enough time investigating to know which are best! As long as there are shops/cafes/coast and life close by then I will be happy with it. I wouldn't go country but I would suggest you take a holiday rental (albeit a bit more pricey) to begin with while the furniture is on it's way then you can get a real feel for the areas before deciding where to settle!

jxx

Guest gem and si
Hi Si,

Thanks for the info/reply. I think we will probably take things with us then - just got to battle with the haulage companies now!

All the best.

Steve.

All the best Steve...If I can help anymore just let me know:biggrin:

Si:biggrin:

Guest jmorris
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would do my little bit by posting some information on this site regarding shipping costs ets....I have got so much information from POI...I thought it was time to see if I can help others in return.

I looked long and hard into shipping as it can be a considerable cost. I decided to get the following company's out to quote my removals:

Pickfords =£4000.00

PSS International =£2860.00

White & Company =£2685.00

Excess International =£2877.00

John Mason =£ 2650.00

Doree Boner =£2613.00

Crown Relocation =£3779.00

Anglo Pacific =£3999.00

I used the same speech for every company that came round to quote as I wanted the best overall quote and estimate on cubic feet. I specified that I would flat pack as much of my furniture as possible as this can save you tens if not hundreds of cubic feet in your removals.

My first quote was from Pickfords who decided that I would need sole use of a 20ft container and that it would cost me 4k....I was a little surprised at first as i thought in my own mind that we would only need part, due to the fact we had no fridge or freezer and our main bedroom wardrobes were built in. I was in fact glad on the next quote that I had other companies to price, as PSS said I was only part container at 597 cubic feet.....This excercise went on for the next two weeks...as you can see from above list the cost varies a little and most companies were close on cubic feet except for Anglo Pacific & Pickfords.

As a note 5 of the companies came in at 592 - 620 cubic feet of each other!!!!

I decided to get the closest 4 to re-evaluate there costs to see if I could lower the price...three of them did...inbox me for details on those and prices...I can also send you an inventory of exactly what we are sending so you can gauge a price on your own belongings.

I hope this is of use to anyone seeking removals!...if you require any further information drop me a line!

All the best!

Hi ya

We got some quotes also here the are:

white company - £2200 for 460 cf

kg logisitics - £2000 for 350cf

pss international - £2468 cf?

John Mason - £2485 for for 492 cf

Anyone got any feebback from the companies above - much appriciated.

We asked for the following items to be quotes:

NB - All in cm

Corner sofa

L223, H30/60 (seat/back), D90/150 (CORNER)

TWO Side boards

L150, H150, D45

Super king size bed

L210, W190, H60, Head board is 140 high and can come off.

Chest of draws

L76, W41, H77

Toy box

L80, W43, H60

Single bed – with hidden bed underneath

L202, W93, H of head board 100 (this comes off)

Table – legs come off

L165, W90, H of legs 70

6 chairs – chairs come apart

H116/45, W43

OTHER STUFF

Dyson hover 110 high

Medium box X 13

Guest Homemaker

My husband and I are moving to Sydney from Kent next year and we have are just started the laborious task of finding a removal company. I’ve found all the posts in this thread really helpful so far! I’ve got a few quotes from Pickfords, Crown and Doree Bonner. Pickfords quoted just over £4K for the sole use of a 20ft container, the same as what a number of other people seem to have been quoted. Crown has said it will cost £3,469 for 640 cubic feet of a container and Doree Bonner came out as using their online estimator, that was including a £100 special offer discount. So far Doree Bonner seems to be the cheapest but there are a number of other removal companies I haven’t had the chance to get a quote from yet. So I will keep you all posted!

Guest antipope

Just about to start the process of trying to knock the shipping companies down. Does anyone have any particularly effective strategies that I can use? Best 3 quotes I have are PSS and John Mason at £4100 and Crown at £4400 (including AQIS fees). This is for a sole use container from Hull to Perth door to door.

Guest Unha99Y

All of our 5 quotes have come in, all are around $7000 with the exception of Pickfords that has come back as 6000 pounds, no idea why it's in sterling but equates to around $10,000:eek:

Guest antipope

Managed to get a sole use 20ft container door to door, hull to perth for £4150 (inclusive of all fees at both ends). Quite happy with that price. Shippers coming on 25th and 26th July, container should reach Perth around the time we are due to arrive, 15th september.

Guest gem and si
Just about to start the process of trying to knock the shipping companies down. Does anyone have any particularly effective strategies that I can use? Best 3 quotes I have are PSS and John Mason at £4100 and Crown at £4400 (including AQIS fees). This is for a sole use container from Hull to Perth door to door.

Hi Antipope,

The best way I found was to be transparent about the prices the other companies have come up with...you will find out quite quickly who will negotiate and who wont:biggrin:

All the best!

Si & Gem:biggrin:

Just finalised but not yet signed quote from Britannia. £6600 for 1464 cu feet and car in a 40ft high cube. Got them down by £400.

Its all going into storage for a couple of months first apart from the car and we can add stuff to it if needs be. Insurance done separately. Quoted 1.4% no excess for cover of all contents and the car. Much cheaper than the shipping company

Guest gem and si

Hi,

I would be open with all of them as to the prices that each of them have offered...It will be a quick way to decide who can move on price and who that wont budge:biggrin:

Cheers

Si

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would do my little bit by posting some information on this site regarding shipping costs ets....I have got so much information from POI...I thought it was time to see if I can help others in return.

I looked long and hard into shipping as it can be a considerable cost. I decided to get the following company's out to quote my removals:

Pickfords =£4000.00

John Mason =£ 2650.00

Doree Boner =£2613.00

Anglo Pacific =£3999.00

I used the same speech for every company that came round to quote as I wanted the best overall quote and estimate on cubic feet. I specified that I would flat pack as much of my furniture as possible as this can save you tens if not hundreds of cubic feet in your removals.

My first quote was from Pickfords who decided that I would need sole use of a 20ft container and that it would cost me 4k....I was a little surprised at first as i thought in my own mind that we would only need part, due to the fact we had no fridge or freezer and our main bedroom wardrobes were built in. I was in fact glad on the next quote that I had other companies to price, as PSS said I was only part container at 597 cubic feet.....This excercise went on for the next two weeks...as you can see from above list the cost varies a little and most companies were close on cubic feet except for Anglo Pacific & Pickfords.

I decided to get the closest 4 to re-evaluate there costs to see if I could lower the price...three of them did...inbox me for details on those and prices...I can also send you an inventory of exactly what we are sending so you can gauge a price on your own belongings.

I hope this is of use to anyone seeking removals!...if you require any further information drop me a line!

All the best!

Thanks so much for starting this thread, Gem & Si.

The discussion and information it has provoked will be invaluable to us when we get round to seeking quotes for moving us from Ledbury to Sydney.

John & Eirian

Guest RN2068

Si - just wondered - did you contact all these companies yourself or did you go through a relocation agent initially? Friends of mine used IRC (Brian Forkner) a few years back who arranged for the assessment and quotes, and it was for pretty much the same companies. But I can't seem to find IRC (Brian Forkner). So just wondered how you approached them? Thanks

Guest gem and si
Si - just wondered - did you contact all these companies yourself or did you go through a relocation agent initially? Friends of mine used IRC (Brian Forkner) a few years back who arranged for the assessment and quotes, and it was for pretty much the same companies. But I can't seem to find IRC (Brian Forkner). So just wondered how you approached them? Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back sooner but been away on business...I contacted all off them myself as I wanted to get a good picture on prices and the amount of cubic feet calculated and I thought others may find it handy :biggrin:

If I can be of anymore assistance just drop me a line! :biggrin:

Cheers

Si & Gem

Thanks very helpful.

I am just doing the same myself from UK to Perth will put all my quotes on when I have them as a matter of interest.

Sounds great. We are hoping to include our car in the container too, so need to see which companies do this, another task to be tackled! This process is not for the faint hearted!!

Donna

Incidently, if anyone has had any quotes, can you share, that would be great, thats car in container!

Guest jackie Macdonald
Sounds great. We are hoping to include our car in the container too, so need to see which companies do this, another task to be tackled! This process is not for the faint hearted!!

Donna

Incidently, if anyone has had any quotes, can you share, that would be great, thats car in container!

Hiya, I've found in my research that a lot of immigrants on average ship out all the furniture on a 20ft container (without a car). We are having a 40ft to include the car. A 20ft container was around £4,500 whilst a 40ft container with the car worked out at £6,085, worth it in our opinion. We are using PPS. Their quote was open to negotiation as they originally quoted us £6,900, so it's worth a try!

Good luck with your move!

Jackie XX

Hiya, I've found in my research that a lot of immigrants on average ship out all the furniture on a 20ft container (without a car). We are having a 40ft to include the car. A 20ft container was around £4,500 whilst a 40ft container with the car worked out at £6,085, worth it in our opinion. We are using PPS. Their quote was open to negotiation as they originally quoted us £6,900, so it's worth a try!

Good luck with your move!

Jackie XX

Any tips on negotiating????? If you get a better quote do you just use that or tell them you have a budget???? Clueless me!!!!!

Guest jackie Macdonald
Any tips on negotiating????? If you get a better quote do you just use that or tell them you have a budget???? Clueless me!!!!!

Bit of both will help! Get several quotes. I negotiated as I was offered a lower price although I felt PSS were the more professional so decided to go with them.

Good luck. We all have to start somewhere and for my sins, I have done this several times before!!:rolleyes:

Jackie XX

Guest joandcogo
Hi Everyone,

Pickfords =£4000.00

John Mason =£ 2650.00

Doree Boner =£2613.00

Anglo Pacific =£3999.00

All the best!

Please Please can you send me those further details... We have just got our visa and plan to go Feb 2012. We are not taking any big stuff and would just like to see what someone else took as it sounds pretty similar to us.

This would be such a great help I had looked at getting quotes from a few of the same ones as you!

Cheers Joanne x

Guest Nickynoonoo

Hi all

After using this thread to book the right companies to come and quote, I am now stuck and don't know how to make a decision which one to go with!

I have shortlisted down to PSS and Excess International. I believe both are highly recommended companies, seem to hear more about PSS than the later. Excess International have already matched PSS's quote but at the beginning when I tried to get PSS to drop they only gave me £15 off the crate for the TV? I suppose my next step is to tell PSS that Excess have matched their price and see what happens.

PSS is the only one where I haven't received a follow up call from the person who came and saw me. Not sure if this puts me off a little. :confused:

I suppose I am just worried that I won't pick the best company!

Anyone in the same boat?

Nicky

Guest gem and si
Hi all

After using this thread to book the right companies to come and quote, I am now stuck and don't know how to make a decision which one to go with!

I have shortlisted down to PSS and Excess International. I believe both are highly recommended companies, seem to hear more about PSS than the later. Excess International have already matched PSS's quote but at the beginning when I tried to get PSS to drop they only gave me £15 off the crate for the TV? I suppose my next step is to tell PSS that Excess have matched their price and see what happens.

PSS is the only one where I haven't received a follow up call from the person who came and saw me. Not sure if this puts me off a little. :confused:

I suppose I am just worried that I won't pick the best company!

Anyone in the same boat?

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

I know it sometimes feels funny keep going back to them saying they have been matched but they do understand that is the nature of the game and it will get to the point when they just wont budge. I have read from various reviews that the ones you have short listed are good but remember you will always have someone that will have a bad experience...its the way it goes...but overall the reviews have been really good.

Just go for the one that suits you best:biggrin:

All the best

Si :biggrin:

Guest Nickynoonoo
Hi Nicky,

I know it sometimes feels funny keep going back to them saying they have been matched but they do understand that is the nature of the game and it will get to the point when they just wont budge. I have read from various reviews that the ones you have short listed are good but remember you will always have someone that will have a bad experience...its the way it goes...but overall the reviews have been really good.

Just go for the one that suits you best:biggrin:

All the best

Si :biggrin:

Thanks Si!

Looks like things for you have really moved forward since our PM's!

Best of luck with your move!

Nicky x

Hi all once my wife's visa is approved we plan on moving to Melbourne. I'm just wondering is it worth taking a washing machine and sofa? Or should we just buy new when we arrive? Considering the sofas are Ikea and not worth a whole lot!

Cheers

Shane

Archived