Shipping Cost from Top 8 Companies (Hope it helps)

Guest gem and si

Guest destinationoz
Hi Cal.C,

How much cubic feet did they calculate all your stuff to be?....Did you have much stuff that you could flat pack...this helped me alot...or means I shop in Ikea quite a bit..lol :biggrin:

I would definitley start negotiating with them as some of them can drop quite a bit depending how much they want the business...I know for a fact the John Mason would probably drop :wink:.

Let me know how you get on!

Si

Hiya Si

I'll check the actual cubic feet coz I don't remember but they all said we are on the boarder line of filling a 20fter - some saying we're a little under some saying a little over - Pickfords saying we'll need 40ft ... No-one really mentioned flat packing so I'll ask when I negotiate.

Basically - if it helps anyone - we have:

3 x 3 seated settee

2 TV & stands

Dining table & 4 chairs

2 coffee tables

1 small unit

Kitchen utensils, crockery etc but NO White goods

Computer, printer & office chair x 2

2 double beds & 1 single

3 chest drawers

Clothes, shoes,

Records, CDs, books

5 bikes

That's about it!!

I'm starting to negotiate this week - my preferred is JM as they come out well on here but I'll keep you posted!!

Cal.C.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gem and si
These are some useful posts any more info any one can give me would be very much appreciated! Si could I have the 4 companies who re-negotiated too!!! Thankyou!!

Hi Paul I have PM the info you needed!:biggrin:

Guest gem and si
We're off to Adelaide from Essex...hopefully be there by the end of the year! Got our people coming to do shipping quotes in weeks time! Fingers crossed for that!

Hi Calstar,

Its quite funny as I have spoken to quite a few people from the essex area on here...We are from Basildon going to Brisbane!...All our stuff is now booked for the 13th July with John Masons....everything is getting nearer:arghh:..so much to do and so little time...I think I am quite organised but still feel I have a million and one things to do...I have so many boot fairs to do and my ebay account has never been used so much..lol

All the best with everything...If I can help with anyhting else please let me know:biggrin:

Si

Guest gem and si
Well done for posting that mate.

Got all mine arranged. Slightly less at about 525 cubic feet but went with Crown at £2800. Also Crown's includes the AQIS fees. Though assume if AQIS need to clean/destroy anything then you would have to pay extra.

No worries mate!....Its nice knowing when you have it booked as you feel its something else you can tick off on your 4 mile list..lol :biggrin:

All the best with everything mate!...Let us know how it all goes!

Si

Guest gem and si
Really helpful post, will need to make sure we shop about. Thanks for posting this info :)

No worries!..if you need anymore info just drop me a line!

Si

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi Everyone,

We used dorree bonner and have paid £4000 for 835 cubic feet we shipped everything!!! Was embarassed about the ammount we took in the end it was 142 boxes and items. This was from glasgow to melbourne left 4th april should be in melbourne around the middle of july. sharon x

This is really useful Si as we are likely to be taking a similar amount to you so it gives me a ballpark figure for my Oz spreadsheet budget(!) as we're a fair way from being in a position to get quotes but I wanted to have an idea in mind.

Thanks for posting it.

Guest MissBehaving

Quick question --- if you did an online quote for the removal companies - how far away from the actual price were they when they came round to quote?

We are trying to get a ballpark figure as to what to take and what to part with...

Guest gem and si
Quick question --- if you did an online quote for the removal companies - how far away from the actual price were they when they came round to quote?

We are trying to get a ballpark figure as to what to take and what to part with...

Hi Missbehaving,

I did not do any of the online quotes as I was not sure how they did there calculations so I thought it would be easier to just get them round :biggrin:

Si

Guest jacqui70
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would do my little bit by posting some information on this site regarding shipping costs ets....I have got so much information from POI...I thought it was time to see if I can help others in return.

I looked long and hard into shipping as it can be a considerable cost. I decided to get the following company's out to quote my removals:

Pickfords =£4000.00

PSS International =£2860.00

White & Company =£2685.00

Excess International =£2877.00

John Mason =£ 2650.00

Doree Boner =£2613.00

Crown Relocation =£3779.00

Anglo Pacific =£3999.00

I used the same speech for every company that came round to quote as I wanted the best overall quote and estimate on cubic feet. I specified that I would flat pack as much of my furniture as possible as this can save you tens if not hundreds of cubic feet in your removals.

My first quote was from Pickfords who decided that I would need sole use of a 20ft container and that it would cost me 4k....I was a little surprised at first as i thought in my own mind that we would only need part, due to the fact we had no fridge or freezer and our main bedroom wardrobes were built in. I was in fact glad on the next quote that I had other companies to price, as PSS said I was only part container at 597 cubic feet.....This excercise went on for the next two weeks...as you can see from above list the cost varies a little and most companies were close on cubic feet except for Anglo Pacific & Pickfords.

As a note 5 of the companies came in at 592 - 620 cubic feet of each other!!!!

I decided to get the closest 4 to re-evaluate there costs to see if I could lower the price...three of them did...inbox me for details on those and prices...I can also send you an inventory of exactly what we are sending so you can gauge a price on your own belongings.

I hope this is of use to anyone seeking removals!...if you require any further information drop me a line!

All the best!

Si:biggrin:

Hi Si could you Pm me the 4 you negotiated and who you went with..Thanks so much for this info. IOne last thing did you have to give an exact address

Cheers Jacqui

Guest gem and si
This is really useful Si as we are likely to be taking a similar amount to you so it gives me a ballpark figure for my Oz spreadsheet budget(!) as we're a fair way from being in a position to get quotes but I wanted to have an idea in mind.

Thanks for posting it.

No worries...if you need any other info just let me know!:biggrin:

Guest Blackie

Really useful post - thank you. We have Crown, Pickfords and Doree Bonner next week. Could you pm me with details of the companaies that negotiated with you and who you went with in the end. Thanks

Guest michelledenham

Hi Si,

Yes, I also would love the names and details on how to get lower quotes. Have tried it with a few companies but with no response. Thanks x

Guest gem and si
Hi Si,

Yes, I also would love the names and details on how to get lower quotes. Have tried it with a few companies but with no response. Thanks x

Hi Michelle,

The four best quotes I had came from:-

PSS

Excess International

White & Company

John Masons

They all came in around the £2600 @ 597 cubic feet…but we managed to get John Masons down to £2400…..the only thing I would really say is be careful of the price you do eventually go for! ….make sure that the cubic feet is very similar to all the other quotes, because what some companies do is lower the cubic feet to make the quote low, and once they have taken your stuff they will call you when they start to pack your belongings in the container, saying that its over what they estimated, and that you have to pay the difference which can be a lot more expensive than some of your other quotes…..that’s why I made sure I went with the cheapest company that was within 4 cubic feet of the best quotes I had. Also look around for your own insurance as I think most of the shipping companies insurance quotes are so expensive...That helps save a little more…it all helps..lol J.

One last thing…as I have mentioned in my thread…flat pack as much as you possibly can because that saved me about £1000…makes a lot of difference!

So where are you going in OZ?...We are off to Brisbane with my girlfriend (Gem) and my little boy 15mnths (Charlie)

All the best with everything…if I can help with anything else please let me know!

Si

J[/font].

Si

Try http://www.insure-your-move.com/Site...ion/Contact+Us or http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/emigration-insurance/ for realistic quotes and better cover as standard than the removal companies.

Also beware of removal companies saying they will match the above insurance quote as insureyourmove or lettonpercival offer a lot more cover as standard, mildew and sets etc, removal companies charge extra for these, so you would need to check you are matching like for like. :wink:

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would do my little bit by posting some information on this site regarding shipping costs ets....I have got so much information from POI...I thought it was time to see if I can help others in return.

I looked long and hard into shipping as it can be a considerable cost. I decided to get the following company's out to quote my removals:

Pickfords =£4000.00

PSS International =£2860.00

White & Company =£2685.00

Excess International =£2877.00

John Mason =£ 2650.00

Doree Boner =£2613.00

Crown Relocation =£3779.00

Anglo Pacific =£3999.00

I used the same speech for every company that came round to quote as I wanted the best overall quote and estimate on cubic feet. I specified that I would flat pack as much of my furniture as possible as this can save you tens if not hundreds of cubic feet in your removals.

My first quote was from Pickfords who decided that I would need sole use of a 20ft container and that it would cost me 4k....I was a little surprised at first as i thought in my own mind that we would only need part, due to the fact we had no fridge or freezer and our main bedroom wardrobes were built in. I was in fact glad on the next quote that I had other companies to price, as PSS said I was only part container at 597 cubic feet.....This excercise went on for the next two weeks...as you can see from above list the cost varies a little and most companies were close on cubic feet except for Anglo Pacific & Pickfords.

As a note 5 of the companies came in at 592 - 620 cubic feet of each other!!!!

I decided to get the closest 4 to re-evaluate there costs to see if I could lower the price...three of them did...inbox me for details on those and prices...I can also send you an inventory of exactly what we are sending so you can gauge a price on your own belongings.

I hope this is of use to anyone seeking removals!...if you require any further information drop me a line!

All the best!

Si:biggrin:

Hi, keep seeing some really helpful quotes on this thread but have a question. Are these prices for transport including the firm packing it all up or is this packing yourself? Thanks alot.