Cigarettes costs

twinkletoes35

Guest JT1977

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pen_attack

NEW YORK – A New Jersey woman was stabbed in the face with a pen on a New York City subway train after she tried to stop a man from lighting a cigarette.

The assault occurred on a crowded No. 3 train near the Chambers Street station during Tuesday's morning rush.

Witnesses told the Daily News and the New York Post that an argument quickly escalated when Evelyn Seeger asked the man not to smoke. The witnesses say two riders were trying to restrain the man when he pulled out a pen and slashed Seeger's face.

Seeger, of Nutley, N.J., was treated at a hospital and released.

Police charged the man with felony assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

Lol!

b?P=oS1um2KIRlifyhbwTZ4YjSCCXCk21k2wBl8AA95K&T=1dvb8fa3r%2fX%3d1303381599%2fE%3d8903239%2fR%3dnews%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d2409938629%2fG%3dCnVzCgo-%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJtYW47UG9saWNlO2NyaW1pbmFsO3JlZnVybF93d3dfZmFjZWJvb2tfY29tIiByZWZ1cmw9InJlZnVybF93d3dfZmFjZWJvb2tfY29tIiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSJvUzF1bTJLSVJsaWZ5aGJ3VFo0WWpTQ0NYQ2syMWsyd0JsOEFBOTVLIiBzaXRlSWQ9IjQ0NjQwNTEiIHRTdG1wPSIxMzAzMzgxNTk5MjgyNjE5IiB0b3BpY3M9InJlZnVybF93d3dfZmFjZWJvb2tfY29tIiA-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3dDE740D4C&U=13hbh6rvg%2fN%3dVhmbMmKImlE-%2fC%3d787833.14486057.14323881.12665044%2fD%3dLREC2%2fB%3d6261233%2fV%3d1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siamsusie
You don't have much faith in the intelligence of the average person then? Of course they don't "continually think about why they smoke" just as they're not likely to think too hard about the consequences. They have already made the choice, knowing the consequences.

A question for the smokers? If you have entertained people within your own premises, how many people non smokers actively have got up and walked away?

Have they come back for more of your hospitality despite knowing you guys are smokers?

Has it ever been a topic of conversation with your non smoking guests?

Do you veer towards smokers as guests rather than feel uncomfortable in your home?

Susie x

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pen_attack

NEW YORK – A New Jersey woman was stabbed in the face with a pen on a New York City subway train after she tried to stop a man from lighting a cigarette.

The assault occurred on a crowded No. 3 train near the Chambers Street station during Tuesday's morning rush.

Witnesses told the Daily News and the New York Post that an argument quickly escalated when Evelyn Seeger asked the man not to smoke. The witnesses say two riders were trying to restrain the man when he pulled out a pen and slashed Seeger's face.

Seeger, of Nutley, N.J., was treated at a hospital and released.

Police charged the man with felony assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

Lol!

b?P=oS1um2KIRlifyhbwTZ4YjSCCXCk21k2wBl8AA95K&T=1dvb8fa3r%2fX%3d1303381599%2fE%3d8903239%2fR%3dnews%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d2409938629%2fG%3dCnVzCgo-%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJtYW47UG9saWNlO2NyaW1pbmFsO3JlZnVybF93d3dfZmFjZWJvb2tfY29tIiByZWZ1cmw9InJlZnVybF93d3dfZmFjZWJvb2tfY29tIiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSJvUzF1bTJLSVJsaWZ5aGJ3VFo0WWpTQ0NYQ2syMWsyd0JsOEFBOTVLIiBzaXRlSWQ9IjQ0NjQwNTEiIHRTdG1wPSIxMzAzMzgxNTk5MjgyNjE5IiB0b3BpY3M9InJlZnVybF93d3dfZmFjZWJvb2tfY29tIiA-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3dDE740D4C&U=13hbh6rvg%2fN%3dVhmbMmKImlE-%2fC%3d787833.14486057.14323881.12665044%2fD%3dLREC2%2fB%3d6261233%2fV%3d1

Jeez. You smokers are violent too.

Guest JT1977

Susie, no smoker has ever walked out. My friends, smokers and non-smokers used to come around just as often as each other. If any of them felt that strongly about being around smoke, then that would be their choice, I would respect them for it and I wouldn't judge them if they didn't wish to come around.

Guest siamsusie
Susie, no smoker has ever walked out. My friends, smokers and non-smokers used to come around just as often as each other. If any of them felt that strongly about being around smoke, then that would be their choice, I would respect them for it and I wouldn't judge them if they didn't wish to come around.

Very fair!:notworthy:

Guest guest30038
A question for the smokers? If you have entertained people within your own premises, how many people non smokers actively have got up and walked away?

Have they come back for more of your hospitality despite knowing you guys are smokers?

Has it ever been a topic of conversation with your non smoking guests?

Do you veer towards smokers as guests rather than feel uncomfortable in your home?

Susie x

None

Yes

No

Doesn't even cross my mind whether they smoke or not. If they do, then they smoke outside as we do. If they don't, then I make a point of placing them (or myself) at opposite ends of the table so that I don't feel uncomfortable about my smoke drifting onto them

Guest siamsusie

And for non smokers! what is your reaction when you are entertained by a "smoker"?

Do you cut short your visit?

Do you return and have the same hospitality extended to you?

Do you discuss the smoking issue with your hosts?

Guest Guest16631

...................i.m an ex smoker.......................2 of my sons smoke.............their choice...............the fact they have the good manners to ask at a non smokers house and take their butts with them..................is all i can ask for ...............i would rather they didn.t...................but both have stressful jobs at times and say it helps them to relax................each to their own self be true..................

Guest guest37336

If you can see this post you are doing better than me, as I am wandering around the hospital grounds in sunny herts before I go into to have a minor op on my eye in which smoking 'may' have been a very small contributing factor, everywhere I look there are no smoking signs (which I agree with by the way in a hospital) but the sight if me in a tie up gown, slippers, eye patch and roll ups at the ready is enough to drive anyone to nicotine,:biglaugh:

I have been told that to smoke before my op should be avoided, but my appointment was for 1045, and I have yet to be seen. After several dozen cups of coffee from the WRVS I am as high as a kite on caffiene consumption and it looks like it could be a long wait.

With a patch and my iPhone I have a sneaking suspicion that this post may read like utter garbage,:arghh:

The doctors and nurses so far have been excellent, ok so they have on several occasions read the riot act to me concerning smoking but all in all they have realised that it is my choice. :notworthy:

I have to go now to sit on a ward full of ill people and start the discussion on the merits of the NHS,:notworthy:

After my eye ball has been popped out, cleaned, polished, and revarnished my eyesight should be back to normal. I bloody hope so because I am fed up with burning my bloody eyebrows off everytime I try to spark up,:yes:

I realise half the reason I have a displaced retina is because of my high blood pressure, but this was only bought about because I have tried on several occasions to GIVE UP SMOKING,:arghh::biglaugh:, so in the meantime though I know why I am wandering around the hospital grounds like an escaped patient I will continue to smoke more fall me, but by gum is it making my time a little more pleasurable whils I wait.

As long as I can keep dodging my other half who has the security guards and dogs on my tail I will be ok, as I told her I was just slipping out for a 'breath of fresh air' :wubclub:

Right o, it's taken me nearly thirty to write this drivel, if anyone wants me I shall be hiding behind the nurses quarters pretending to be stalker,:shocked::policeman:

Cheers Tony.

Guest JT1977
I'm addicted to coffee. Have way too much.

Don't even start me on coffee! I simply LOVE the stuff! I can remember watching a news item about coffee and too much can bring on hallucinations, they then ended this by saying that it is in truly excessive amounts, 7 cups a day or more.

This got me thinking, I usually get up at 0600, between then and going down to breakfast, I have three coffees. At breakfast, I have another 1 or 2 coffees. I get into the office and you just HAVE to start the day at work with a coffee! Then I get one of the young lads to get me another about 0915 ish. Then NAAFI break starts at 1000, it was then that I realised that by 1030, I've usually had between 7 - 8 coffees! That isn't even taking the rest of the day into account!

So, how much of my life is really just a mad hallucination? Lol!

Guest Guest31881

Thanks to everyone for your contributions, but a thread that started about the cost of purchasing Cigarettes and is now talking about coffee, does seem to have wondered of topic slightly. It now seems a good time to close the thread.