Cigarettes costs

twinkletoes35

Guest chris955

I totally agree, if you want to subject yourself to a slow lingering death that is fine but why put family in the firing line as well ? The 'best' example I ever saw was outside the Logan Hospital, 3 or 4 highly pregnant women smoking. How stupid are these people ?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this thread sure has gone way off topic.... the OP simply asked how much ciggies cost out here....

they, and I'm sure the other smokers who commented on this thread, didn't ask to be lectured on the evils of smoking..... (heck the OP isn't even the smoker, she was asking for her OH)

Anyone who has never smoked has no idea how hard it is to quit.... and anyone who has ever smoked and managed to give up, then you WILL know how hard it is to quit and should show more empathy.. it's very easy to be so judgmental, in fact some of the comments I've read on here are somewhat pious towards smokers.... not sure what gives anyone the right to lecture people like that.... unsolicited advice at best...

I think my favourite reply to this thread is this one

i had a woman come out of her way to tell me " ugh smoking a filthy habit " she had to walk further to tell me that , she had wine and beer from the off licence and i said " ugh alcahol terrible habit does untold damage and walked off " intresting that she felt it was her right to do that , maybe i should go into the pub and say " your going to end up with kidney probelms , or go to the beach and say " skin cancer " or see some one eating a hot dog and say " cholestrol problems will be your friend soon ","]if i didn this i think id be taking my life into my own hands , yet people think its their god given right to come up to me , they dont know me and comment

Well said Moirclan....

I find it quite insulting TBH,, my mother died of cancer and my dad and grandparents watched her suffer in agony,, she was 20 with 2 babys (me and my brother) and had never smoked a cig in her life, she was fit and healthy but if Cancer is gonna take you its going to take you.

In the years that followed i watched my Dad slowly destroy himself and his organs via alcohol,,he never got over losing my mum and he is now a man i hardly recognise and certainly not the fit active Paratropper who was my Dad as a kid.

So sorry preaching to me about smoking sort of falls on Death ears! Yes smoking can kill, so can alcohol , so can nuts if you have an allergy and so can being run over by a bus if your in the wrong place at the wrong time !

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen

My lungs are knackered, I have to go on oxygen on a regular basis, I am told my lungs are the same as an 85 year olds. I have cancer. Guess how many cigarettes I have had in my life...... NONE

Yes there may be a chance you will get cancer but those chances are still there whether you smoke or not, in fact I feel really angry that I haven't smoked, done drugs and hardly drink at all in my life and I am in the state I am.:cry:

Guest guest30038

Once quitting many years ago, I became resolute that I would never smoke again. Fifteen yrs of abstinence later..........still no smokes and an exercise regime that included walking 22 ks a day, I'm up for a quadruple by-pass :rolleyes:

It saved my life no doubt, but hardly a day has gone by since that I've felt the least bit healthy. I can't walk a distance now because of athritis in my feet and hips (which I put down to too much exercise when I was younger). I get frequent ear infections for no apparent reason.............the heart meds have had my weight baloon............The aspirin upsets my stomach.............If I grip anything tightly, my hands freeze in that position............I can't even be bothered telling the GP about that one in case he thinks I'm a hypo.

I'm coming up for 63.............suffer from anxiety and spells of depression so how long have I got left? I intend to enjoy what time is left and taking up smoking again has proven threapeutic as far as the anxiety and depression go. I might go out earlier but I'll go out happy.

I roll my own, not because it's cheaper but because of the crap they put in pre-rolled. Golden Virginia @ $26 for 50 gms is one Pommy item I hold dear, although i believe it's packed in ireland now.

And no.................It doesn't influence my kids who are both health freaks and wouldn't touch a ciggy if you paid 'em.

kev

I can understand why people continue to smoke, it is very difficult to stop once you've started, and smokers shouldn't be demonised. I've was at a pub/restaurant the other week that had a outside beer garden, with two sections, smoking and non-smoking. great, fair enough, works for me. What I couldn't comprehend was that the smokers weren't allowed to eat their meals in the smoking section. They had to have drinks and smoke in the smoking section, then find another table in the non smoking section, then go back to the smoking section after eating. I just can't find the logic in that.

The other thing that I really can't get my head around is the people who start smoking, now that the risks are actually know.

Guest chris955

I'm with you there, I cant believe when I see really young kids smoking. Incredibly think it makes them look cool and mature but it actually looks the total opposite. we saw 2 young girls yesterday, maybe 16 tops, tiny little shorts, badly bleached hair and a fag hanging out of the mouth. I'm sure someone somewhere found it an attractive look.

The other thing that I really can't get my head around is the people who start smoking, now that the risks are actually know.

Well I am a smoker, have been since I was 16, so over 20 years now.

I enjoy it, I have tried to quit a number of time.

They are very expensive now, I smoke Pall Mall 40's and they are $18.50, I can only get them in Coles in the 40's.

I only smoke about 20 a day I used to smoke about 40 a day.

Cheers Laney

Guest siamsusie

All good information for the OP there girls.:biggrin:

I find "grow your own" is substantially cheaper of course being the Mother Earth I am:smile:

Guest siamsusie
:policeman:Errrr grow your own Susie !!!!!!!!!! I hope thats not what I think it is you naughty girl:tongue::tongue:

Poppies of course:tongue:Tasmania is the only state where poppies are grown commercially. About 16000 hectares are under cultivation. ...

wallaby-story.jpg

WALLABIES are hopping into Tasmania's opium poppy fields and getting high.

The revelation has also solved what some growers say has spurred a campfire legend about mysterious crop circles which appear in the state's poppy paddocks. In true X-Files style, Attorney-General Lara Giddings said yesterday the drugged-up wallabies had been found hopping around in circles squashing the poppies, creating the formations. The wallabies are increasingly entering the fields and eating the poppy heads.

That causes them to get high and run around in turns creating "crop circles".

Guest siamsusie
:tongue:Yes it is and Susie's are free !!!!!!!!!!!

Party in Tassie then ?!!:laugh:

Its "unAustralian":laugh: but I will leave a tip box by the door!

:yes:

Guest siamsusie
I was under the impression this thread was about the price of ciggies.......:wink:

Cigarettes come in all shapes and forms:dull:

Guest siamsusie
Book me a ticket too i will keep you company,:wink:,lol

Cal x

It wont be called the "red eye" flight for nowt!:biggrin::biggrin: