Melbourne smells

blobby1000

Guest Jarper

Yeah we have been down there, much nicer than the city beaches and that one on the ocean side beginning with G was amazing, we liked Finders too. Its the endless suburbs and the actual city we dont really like
It sounds like you're just not a city person... where did you live in the UK?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah bloody dangerous, how come the kids drowned? I thought there were lifeguards, I would have thought they would have closed the beach after the first drowning? Terrible.

Jarper, yeah thanks for the pleaant response, beats the "oh sort it out you miserable t*at" kins of s*it that is usually reserved for anyone not claiming to have the time of their lives. We lived in Cheltenham, which was nice and I think you are right, we probably are not city people, certainly not Melbourne people, we are off to Adelaide soon to visit so will see what thats like. The problem is that the work is in the cities so you have to be near one really.

Hahaha no not angry, but you'll fit right in on here calling people negative when they don't like things. It's a froum and yet only positive things are acceptable??

If you are bored enough to read all my posts you will see that you comment is nonsense. Why would I come out here with all that that involves (you will appreciate that) and then deliberately be negative. You are not even here yet so how can you comment? It's easy to think its all great before you get here, but you just wait and see. We are going to try to relocate, this particular post is to look at opinions about Melbourne, there's nothing angry about it, its negative cos we don't like it here and we have a right to express that.

Guest DaneD
Does anyone else find Melbourne to be a depressing, graffiti ridden, litter strewn smelly hellhole and its suburbs to be largely soulless endless depressing and unfriendly?

I'm moving to Melbourne because I love the place. I'm from Manchester though, so I like places that are a little rough around the edges.

Yes I have had a few moans recently I suppose! But its not all moaning honestly!

When are you coming over and where do you think you will be living?

Its been a bit up and down for us but there are some good points to Melbourne. Its so subjective tho, it just depends what you like! We probably just want somewhere quieter, well we definitely do, but if you want stuff going on all the time then Melbourne must be ideal.

Yeah bloody dangerous, how come the kids drowned? I thought there were lifeguards, I would have thought they would have closed the beach after the first drowning? Terrible.

Jarper, yeah thanks for the pleaant response, beats the "oh sort it out you miserable t*at" kins of s*it that is usually reserved for anyone not claiming to have the time of their lives. We lived in Cheltenham, which was nice and I think you are right, we probably are not city people, certainly not Melbourne people, we are off to Adelaide soon to visit so will see what thats like. The problem is that the work is in the cities so you have to be near one really.

They do have flags at the beach but unfortunately people look at the smooth bit of water and head for it and smooth equals rip. I would not swim there although a walk along the beach is good.

Point Leo is better for younger would be body boards and surfie types.

Guest chris955

VB is good for what though, that is the question ? :biggrin: Its like the Carling Black Label of Aussie beer.

VB is good! Tho the Aussies think only the scumbags like it! I love it!!!

Guest DaneD
VB is good! Tho the Aussies think only the scumbags like it! I love it!!!

You can't beat a freezing cold pot of VB on a hot summers day.

I only call the city by that name, to rile olly...:laugh:

D

And Harpy:wink:

Actually, there are some magnificent places; look at the Mornington Peninsular and The Dandenongs...Well, they were good when I lived in Smellbum...nearly 50 years ago.:wink:

Essendon, where I lived, was an outer suburb then.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

And I am listening ! LOL

Guest loudu

NO !!!!

love melbourne.

good luck with the move

Does anyone else find Melbourne to be a depressing, graffiti ridden, litter strewn smelly hellhole and its suburbs to be largely soulless endless depressing and unfriendly?

We moved out from the Uk in November with our two kids and cannot wait to move on to a nicer part of Australia.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Its odd how some people like certain places and others don't.................

I live in Dewsbury on the Moor in Yorkshire and i heard someone liked it, but.................. its never been proved. lol

Guest chris955

:laugh:".........oh you're serious :shocked:

You can't beat a freezing cold pot of VB on a hot summers day.

I thought I might answer this thread, but you know what, right now I am not going to bother my backside. You live in such a small part of Greensborough, it's not that bad, you have a couple of yobs in your street/s. If I judged London like that I would never go back there.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Still the 2nd best city in the world to live in and................. Australia is the 2nd best country in the world to live in................. END OF.

While everyone is entitled to express their opinions, maybe there is a way of expressing that opinion which might be more constructive to anyone thinking of coming to Melbourne? Your comments say very little, about a very very big place.

Archived