THE ROYAL WEDDING ON 29th APRIL, WILL AUSTRALIA WATCH.........

Nick and sez

HRH and Miss Middleton are getting married as you know, i am dying to know if people in OZ will watch the wedding or dont even care...:SLEEP:

My mate Travis from Benleigh,QLZ(GoldCoast) says that most aussies dont care, i am just wondering if thats true or do the Aussies love the royal family...

Will you or wont you watch....

Ps It costs me a day wages but my daughters get a street party... im not bothered about it as i lose money... but many people love it... its like marmite( Love it or hate it)..:biglaugh:

I think do that HRH Wills should have had a hair implant though for the big day..:biglaugh:

Cheers Nick..:jimlad:

Guest Jarper
HRH and Miss Middleton are getting married as you know, i am dying to know if people in OZ will watch the wedding or dont even care...:SLEEP:

My mate Travis from Benleigh,QLZ(GoldCoast) says that most aussies dont care, i am just wondering if thats true or do the Aussies love the royal family...

Will you or wont you watch....

Ps It costs me a day wages but my daughters get a street party... im not bothered about it as i lose money... but many people love it... its like marmite( Love it or hate it)..:biglaugh:

I think do that HRH Wills should have had a hair implant though for the big day..:biglaugh:

Cheers Nick..:jimlad:

Couldn't care less :GEEK:

I'll watch it, not like there is going to be anything else on the telly worth watching. It'll be one of those iconic moment things - like what were you doing when man walked on the moon etc I wouldnt be going to London to see it though if I lived there.

Guest Trigby

will be asleep its the middle of the night@! but im sure there will ne no escape from it on the tv and in the papers the next few days...

It will be rammed down everyone's throat by radio tv net, be hard to escape from it. Personally i will do my best not to watch it. Perhaps having a book handy!

this is what I find very amusing. When there's no royal weddding, its all "we dont need an association with the monarchy, we're Australian", "we are not part of the british empire anymore, take her off our currency", "the royals keep saying stupid things and are inbred idiots" and "lets change the flag, we dont need the union jack. Lets just have the qantas logo in green and yellow"

then a wedding comes along and EVERY channel goes ditzy and UK wedding mad!!

proclaiming their love for the happy couple and gushing about how beautiful it will be and how magically fairtale their romance is, with live commentry from every single channel and lots of pre and post pro-wedding discussions.

Have some consistency, Australian TV.

Guest Rachaelrach

Im a journalist working on a pre-Royal wedding story. If anyone has any tips of people they know that have bought some memorabilia - or are just very excited in general - Id love to hear about it. Thanks,

Im a journalist working on a pre-Royal wedding story. If anyone has any tips of people they know that have bought some memorabilia - or are just very excited in general - Id love to hear about it. Thanks,

LOL. I rest my case from the previous page.

Go on facebook and search for Sex Pistols Number One for Royal Wedding.

God Save the Queen!!!!!:biggrin:

this is what I find very amusing. When there's no royal weddding, its all "we dont need an association with the monarchy, we're Australian", "we are not part of the british empire anymore, take her off our currency", "the royals keep saying stupid things and are inbred idiots" and "lets change the flag, we dont need the union jack. Lets just have the qantas logo in green and yellow"

proclaiming their love for the happy couple and gushing about how beautiful it will be and how magically fairtale their romance is, with live commentry from every single channel and lots of pre and post pro-wedding discussions.

Just so you know, "Australian TV", despite appearances sometimes, isn't one bloke in a room with a VHS. :biglaugh:

I'll definately be watching. The royals sure now how to do the pomp and pagentry.

It will be nice if there are a few little bloopers (like when Di misread Charles name at their wedding). just to show they are human just like the rest of us.

I like Will and Harry. They seem like down to earth types.

Wish Will and Kate a lot of happiness.

If you need any tacky bunting or fridge magnets, mugs or napkins for any photos associated with your article, let me know. My Mum has sent over a tonne of the stuff!!

Lets be honest ... us girls are only going to watch to see what the bride and bridesmaids are wearing and what the main women are wearing ..... My hubbies gran who died a few years ago would be sat there picking them all to bits .. she used to call the Queen old fashioned (my hubbys Gran was 92)

Guest Ironduke

Its news, can't blame the media for covering it thats their job. Just because you watch it - and its a grand show - doesn't make you a traitor to oz or dyed in the wool Brit, its entertaining. I mean for gods sake some people will be happy watching cars going round and round the same road and call it sport...

Guest Rachaelrach

Hi TheRammo, Do you live close to Sydney? Would you be happy to be interviewed with the royal stuff? Would only take minutes... Rachael

Guest guest36762
In every country in the world some will watch it and some won't.

blimey Chris, really? that comes as quite a surprise:wink:

here here mate. It was bad enough in the UK (well, awful actually) but here on the other side of the planet in this supposedly 'mature' republican leaning country we have to endure the nauseatingly syncophantic coverage of any royal happening, uttering etc, let alone the royal wedding. I agree she's fit though..

Just so you know, "Australian TV", despite appearances sometimes, isn't one bloke in a room with a VHS. :biglaugh:

:biglaugh::err:

you're right, its not as technologically advanced as VHS.

:yes::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: