register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest RajeshP

Processing Time - New ponits scheme

Guest RajeshP

I am a Software Engineer with 3.6 yrs of experience in Dot Net technology.

(Age-27, Single)

I applied for ACS in March first week and waiting for the result. And I got IELTS results yesterday. My overall score is 6.5.

I am planning to re-take the IELTS test in June 1st week. But my agent always suggest that to take test asap considering the new points test. Even if take test on next available date after 20 days, it will take around 1 .5 months to get the result. After that he will lodge the application for sponsorship, which may take around 3 months or more. So I will come under new points scheme.

So is it better to take test immediately or it can be taken in June? What are the chances to qualify under new points scheme. Which visa category is suitable for me? And what may be the processing time under new points scheme?

You won't make the deadline, and under the new points scheme you will need 7 at the least, if not 8 on your IELTS, F

Forget your overall of 6.5, it does not mean anything, what did you get in the 4 sections?

have you had a look at the new points test to see what level IELTS you need?

Voted worst new member 2011..... :err:

(Age-27, Single)

I applied for ACS in March first week and waiting for the result. And I got IELTS results yesterday. My overall score is 6.5.

I am planning to re-take the IELTS test in June 1st week. But my agent always suggest that to take test asap considering the new points test. Even if take test on next available date after 20 days, it will take around 1 .5 months to get the result. After that he will lodge the application for sponsorship, which may take around 3 months or more. So I will come under new points scheme.

So is it better to take test immediately or it can be taken in June? What are the chances to qualify under new points scheme. Which visa category is suitable for me? And what may be the processing time under new points scheme?

I think you should forget of your overall IELTS test result. There are necessary to have an exact score in each band. Your current situation is quite similar to mine. I've passed IELTS on March, and, also, my ACS application is being processed, so I hope it will have finished by the beginning of July. And then we'll get a new pointstest. I hope that 263111 will be left in the SA SMP, but, also, there exists the requirement to have 6.5 in each band of IELTS, however, unfortunately, I have 6 only in Listening band, so, I'm going to re-take IELTS on July in order to obtain 6.5 in each band.

IELTS 24-09-11 L6.5 R8 W7 S7 O7

IEA (263312), 176 Visa Granted 24-01-2012

Guest RajeshP

@jimithechew & @ ovel - Thanks for the inputs.

My IELTS score is - L-7, R-6.5, S-5.5, W-6.5

For new points test 7 in each module is the mandatory to score 10 points. And considering other criteria(qualification, age, exp,ielts) my score would be 60. I think 65 would be cuttoff

to apply for the visa. But I am not sure 65 points is for 176 or 175.

So I was planning to get the IELTS score before new points test and apply for 175. What is your opinion?

And considering other criteria(qualification, age, exp,ielts) my score would be 60. I think 65 would be cuttoff to apply for the visa. But I am not sure 65 points is for 176 or 175.

well does your 60 points include the 5 points awarded for state sponsorship?

Guest sivakumar

(Age-27, Single)

I could realise that you are from TN. Once the rule has been changed, you will have to have IELTS 7.0 (from each with 5y exp min) to appy for 175 visa or you will have to have IELTS 7.0 (from each with 3y exp min) to get a SS in order to apply 176 visa.

In either case, you will have to have at least 7.0 from each after July... I hope it will clarify your quest......

Guest RajeshP
well does your 60 points include the 5 points awarded for state sponsorship?

No. The points include only for qualification - 15 , age - 30, exp - 5 ,ielts -10.

In whcih website it is specified that 5 points will be given for State Sponsorship?

Guest RajeshP
I could realise that you are from TN. Once the rule has been changed, you will have to have IELTS 7.0 (from each with 5y exp min) to appy for 175 visa or you will have to have IELTS 7.0 (from each with 3y exp min) to get a SS in order to apply 176 visa.

In either case, you will have to have at least 7.0 from each after July... I hope it will clarify your quest......

I can score 60 points under new points test

Qualification - 15 , age - 30, exp - 5 ,ielts -10.

Do you know what is the cutoff points for 175, 176 under new points? Thanks

Guest MOTO

The easiest way to ensure that you have got enough enough points is to get 8*4 in the IELTS exam.

Regards,

MOTO

Its 65, whether you apply for 175 or 176

No. The points include only for qualification - 15 , age - 30, exp - 5 ,ielts -10.

In whcih website it is specified that 5 points will be given for State Sponsorship?

I do remember its 65 no matter of which subclass of GSM you are going to apply! :yes: Since you asked for the website to clarify sponsorship points, just attached the document which compares Old vs New points!!

Hope this helps :jiggy:

New Points Test[1].pdf

New Points Test[1].pdf

Rebekah * waiting for online system to be up and running to apply for 887...... :yes:

Guest amer

It is in the DIAC announcement http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-fact.pdf

You would get 5 points for state sponsorship and will be under Cat2.

You could also get 10points for family sponsor, 5 for partner skill or 5 for native language.

Guest amer

Hi,

I was taking a second look at the new point system FAQ and found this...

Will family sponsored applicants still be eligible to apply for a permanent Skilled – Sponsored visa?

No. As part of the changes accompanying the introduction of the new points test, from 1 July 2011 applicants for the Skilled – Sponsored subclass 176 or 886 visa subclasses will need to be sponsored by a state or territory government under a state migration plan.

There will no longer be a permanent family sponsored skilled migration visa however eligible family members can still sponsor relatives under the provisional sponsored skilled migration visa. Holders of a provisional sponsored skilled migration visa may be eligible for a Skilled Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) after meeting certain eligibility criteria.

Does this means there will be no more family sponsor moving forward for 176???

Hi,

I was taking a second look at the new point system FAQ and found this...

Will family sponsored applicants still be eligible to apply for a permanent Skilled – Sponsored visa?

No. As part of the changes accompanying the introduction of the new points test, from 1 July 2011 applicants for the Skilled – Sponsored subclass 176 or 886 visa subclasses will need to be sponsored by a state or territory government under a state migration plan.

There will no longer be a permanent family sponsored skilled migration visa however eligible family members can still sponsor relatives under the provisional sponsored skilled migration visa. Holders of a provisional sponsored skilled migration visa may be eligible for a Skilled Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) after meeting certain eligibility criteria.

Does this means there will be no more family sponsor moving forward for 176???

Yes.Thats Correct.No more 886 and 176 family sponsored.Only option is SIR visa that too if sponsor is in regional area for 2 yrs.

Guest Lankan1
@jimithechew & @ ovel - Thanks for the inputs.

My IELTS score is - L-7, R-6.5, S-5.5, W-6.5

For new points test 7 in each module is the mandatory to score 10 points. And considering other criteria(qualification, age, exp,ielts) my score would be 60. I think 65 would be cuttoff

to apply for the visa. But I am not sure 65 points is for 176 or 175.

So I was planning to get the IELTS score before new points test and apply for 175. What is your opinion?

Hey,

I think you have to take 7 for each component under new point test. Its not 7 or 8 overall

Guest RajeshP

Thanks everyone for guidance / comments .

My agent is insisting to take IELTS exam in May 1st week. And I will get the scores in 3rd week. And as mentioned earlier I have applied for ACS in March 1st week and awaiting for the result.

The agent is telling that he will file for SS in 3rd week along-with the IELTS result and ACS. And he told that you will get State Sponsorship within a month ! And before July 1st we can file for the visa. He also told that for one of his client he got SS within a week!!

Can anyone get results so soon??

Is there any possibility to get SS within July 1st considering my pending ACS and IELTS?

My agent is insisting to take IELTS exam in May 1st week. And I will get the scores in 3rd week. And as mentioned earlier I have applied for ACS in March 1st week and awaiting for the result.

The agent is telling that he will file for SS in 3rd week along-with the IELTS result and ACS. And he told that you will get State Sponsorship within a month ! And before July 1st we can file for the visa. He also told that for one of his client he got SS within a week!!

Is there any possibility to get SS within July 1st considering my pending ACS and IELTS?

Your agent is a bit optimistic...SS can take much longer than a week, that particular client must be lucky...

885 Lodged: 14-Dec-2011, Meds and PCC front-loaded CO: 23-Jan-2012 Grant: 10-Jan-13 Citizenship Lodged: 24-Feb-14 Citizenship Test passed: 14-Mar-14

Hey Rajesh

I can say your agent thinks beyond optimistic, i got the similar word from my agent when i applied for WA SS (not a week , but he assured for a month) but in reality i had to wait for 7 months, time scale differs for each state. Moreover some states may not accept SS application till the end, hope you know SA announced its last date as May 2nd 2011 - 5 PM (Oz time) pls go through the link below, and we will never know when will other states do the same?!!

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/state_migration_plan_south_australia.jsp

Sponsorship Applications under current Points Test -

submit by 5pm on 2 May 2011.

to allow enough time for visa applications to be lodged with DIAC under the current Points Test, all completed applications should be received by Immigration SA before 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011.

this means that your online sponsorship application and supporting documents should be submitted to and registered by Immigration SA before 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011.

please be aware that the Online Application System will be closed at 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011. If your application is received after that time, it will not be processed.

Hope this helps, Good luck with your application :cute:

Rebekah * waiting for online system to be up and running to apply for 887...... :yes:

Guest Lightbulb

I am confused now-please help,

Does everyone have to complete the IELTS test or is it for non native speakers of English ?

I am confused now-please help,

Does everyone have to complete the IELTS test or is it for non native speakers of English ?

Holders of certain passports are exempt from IELTS if they are claiming points up to scores in band 6.

To claim points attached to IELTS band 7 (or from July 11, Band 8), you need to take the test regardless of which passport you hold.

885 Lodged: 14-Dec-2011, Meds and PCC front-loaded CO: 23-Jan-2012 Grant: 10-Jan-13 Citizenship Lodged: 24-Feb-14 Citizenship Test passed: 14-Mar-14

Guest Lightbulb

Thought so thanks