Ex British gas technical engineer

Guest Ashe16v

Guest Ashe16v

Hi, I'm new to the forum, just thought I'd put the feelers out before my month trip over to oz in June. I'm over for about 3 and half weeks and am looking to meet potential employers in the melbourne area. I'm looking to move over to oz in 2012 with my partner who is a phsyciatric nurse over here in England currentley studying for her band six. I've been an engineer for British gas for about 5-6 years, I ran my own business last year and am now contracting as a commercial gas engineer for a big utilities company. I have my commercial and domestic acs qualifications over here in England and feel I'm equally as experienced but am always keen to learn new stuff and meet new people. My preferred area of work is service and breakdown but have dealt with all aspects of plumbing n heating install. I'm in Melbourne for a couple of days after I land on the 29th June so if any1 can help or just meet up for a chat around these dates I'd love to meet them. The mrs is also keen to meet any nurses, thanks for viewing thread Ashley.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Ashley

Welcome to PIO. There are quite a few nurses on here so hopefully they can help your wife.

In regards to your area of expertise I would recommend looking through the companies in Melbourne and giving them a call asking if you can go and meet them when you arrive.

Good luck with it all.

Kate