Hints, tips and answers - moving to oz

Guest MFENN11

Guest MFENN11

Hi all

Sorry for creating a new thread for something that’s probably regularly asked on here. I would really appreciate your help.

I finish my Quantity Surveying degree in 2 weeks, I have 4 years quantity surveying experience through working and studying at the same time.

My goal is to leave the UK for the end of August and need a few hints and tips of where to start. You would think that I would have some idea where to start but I don’t.

My plans are first to go to New Zealand for the rugby world cup for a month, travel the Fiji islands and head to Oz thereafter. Once I have arrived I would like to travel for maybe another month and get bar job (any kind of work to help with my funds).

After this period of travelling I would like to start looking for a settled Quantity Surveying job. Can someone give any advice on the following:

• Is a working holiday visa suited to what I want?
  • Do I need a separate one for New Zealand?
  • Once granted a visa, does it start on a specific date or on arrival in the country
  • Are package holidays for my travels cheaper than organising them myself
  • Come the end of the 1 year visa, I haven’t fruit picked, nor gained sponsorship through a company. Is a skilled working visa different to the above?
  • Do I need to book return flights? I want to stay more than a year but cant tell if I would be allowed to do this.

I think I have got the most important questions out of my head but if anyone can answer or add to them it would be a great help.

MF

Guest MFENN11

Come the end of the 1 year visa, I haven’t fruit picked, nor gained sponsorship through a company. Would i be made to leave? Is there a better visa to get?

Sorry that was meant to read better

Hi all

Sorry for creating a new thread for something that’s probably regularly asked on here. I would really appreciate your help.

I finish my Quantity Surveying degree in 2 weeks, I have 4 years quantity surveying experience through working and studying at the same time.

My goal is to leave the UK for the end of August and need a few hints and tips of where to start. You would think that I would have some idea where to start but I don’t.

My plans are first to go to New Zealand for the rugby world cup for a month, travel the Fiji islands and head to Oz thereafter. Once I have arrived I would like to travel for maybe another month and get bar job (any kind of work to help with my funds).

After this period of travelling I would like to start looking for a settled Quantity Surveying job. Can someone give any advice on the following:

• Is a working holiday visa suited to what I want?

• Do I need a separate one for New Zealand?

• Once granted a visa, does it start on a specific date or on arrival in the country

• Are package holidays for my travels cheaper than organising them myself

• Come the end of the 1 year visa, I haven’t fruit picked, nor gained sponsorship through a company. Is a skilled working visa different to the above?

• Do I need to book return flights? I want to stay more than a year but cant tell if I would be allowed to do this.

I think I have got the most important questions out of my head but if anyone can answer or add to them it would be a great help.

MF

You will need a tourist visa for New Zealand, but I *think* you get it on arrival, doesn't sound like you want to work in NZ and hence the tourist visa is fine. You will need an onward flight ticket.

When you arrive in Australia the WHV you will have arranged in advance is activated and the year starts then. You won't need to show a return flight for Australia, you wouldn't be able to book one that far in advance anyway.

At the end of the year, if you haven't got employer sponsorship or fruit picked then you will need to leave the country yes. A skilled migrant visa is a time consuming process, not something you can apply for at the last minute.

Archived