Sign in to follow this  
Guest tracynben

last remaining relative visas

Guest tracynben

hi my partners parents have just become permanet residents and want to sponsor their son from uk (the other 2 live in oz) so he can apply on a last remaingin relative visa.

does anyone have any idea how long the applications take?

thanks

tracy

Guest Tralaah
hi my partners parents have just become permanet residents and want to sponsor their son from uk (the other 2 live in oz) so he can apply on a last remaingin relative visa.

does anyone have any idea how long the applications take?

thanks

tracy

Hi Tracy

The parents will have to have been permanent residents for two years before they are able to sponsor anyone into Australia. The waiting time for a last remaining relative visa has shot up, some say the waiting list is about 6 years now, due to the number of RRL visas being reduced. I was lucky, I put in for my visa in April 2010 and got it in July 2010, I have no idea why I was so lucky. If the parents have not been permanent residents for two years it would be better for one of the brothers to do the sponsoring. If they are thinking of going for it I would do it as soon as possible and get all the paperwork in before 1st July 2011 as the new figures are released and you never know, the number of RRL visas could be reduced again?

Good luck!