Category 4 How can we possibly get processed?

Guest garynhelen

Guys, it is surely coming...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/112029-cat-2-15-4-2011-cat-3-offshore-15-10-2009-cat.html

look here

The fact is that offshore Cat 3 is chasing onshore Cat 4, and there is only 4.5 month worth of unprocessed onshore Cat 3 at the moment. Ii is likely Cat 4 (at least onshore) to start to be processed before 1.7!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am of the opinion that Cat 4 will be looked at soon. Yes, there are some of us, including myself, who have applied a couple of years ago (Dec 2008). However, all this wait was caused by the changes being applied retrospectively. I strongly believe that they will process Cat 4 soon, as we are all qualified people, with skills abilities and education equally matched to any in Category 3 and which also still benefit Australia. When you think about it, and I don't mean this to sound disrespectful, had you applied in 2004 for instance, literally anyone would have had a visa granted, pretty much regardless of their English Language ability etc. I can't speak for everyone on here, but I know that when I applied I had to pass an English Language Test, for instance. I predict there will be a sharp decline in peole applying, because of the new test. Just look at the reduction in jobs listed on the SOL. Other important factors are the Exchange Rate, which is most terrible at present and also the very, very expensive house prices. Families may not be so willing to live in the Sun, if it means also living in worse conditions than at home. (English House Prices are quite low) With regards to the processing of Cat 4, my guess is that they will sort Cat 4 into various categories. Those who have State Sponsorship, those from Low Risk, High Risk countries etc. Then they will sort each category in date order and then they will do a preliminary scan of 'desirables'. The applications which are either not completed fully or have some queries will simply have a question mark put onto their file and put back in the pile. This seems to me to be the most logical way of going about it. So I would expect some Cat 4 applicants being processed from July 2011 onwards. After all DIAC has made quite some advance in processing the backlog, even processing 2 categories alongside each other. Think positive and stay positive. It is really not very helpful to read negative posts. I imagine there are quite a few of us visiting this forum often to see what is happening. And to have to read 'negative' speculation is quite demoralising.Somebody who intends to migrate to a new Country needs to be positive and have a dream, otherwise lets all be miserable and stay right where we are.

I too am of the opinion that Cat 4 will be looked at soon. Yes, there are some of us, including myself, who have applied a couple of years ago (Dec 2008). However, all this wait was caused by the changes being applied retrospectively. I strongly believe that they will process Cat 4 soon, as we are all qualified people, with skills abilities and education equally matched to any in Category 3 and which also still benefit Australia. When you think about it, and I don't mean this to sound disrespectful, had you applied in 2004 for instance, literally anyone would have had a visa granted, pretty much regardless of their English Language ability etc. I can't speak for everyone on here, but I know that when I applied I had to pass an English Language Test, for instance. I predict there will be a sharp decline in peole applying, because of the new test. Just look at the reduction in jobs listed on the SOL. Other important factors are the Exchange Rate, which is most terrible at present and also the very, very expensive house prices. Families may not be so willing to live in the Sun, if it means also living in worse conditions than at home. (English House Prices are quite low) With regards to the processing of Cat 4, my guess is that they will sort Cat 4 into various categories. Those who have State Sponsorship, those from Low Risk, High Risk countries etc. Then they will sort each category in date order and then they will do a preliminary scan of 'desirables'. The applications which are either not completed fully or have some queries will simply have a question mark put onto their file and put back in the pile. This seems to me to be the most logical way of going about it. So I would expect some Cat 4 applicants being processed from July 2011 onwards. After all DIAC has made quite some advance in processing the backlog, even processing 2 categories alongside each other. Think positive and stay positive. It is really not very helpful to read negative posts. I imagine there are quite a few of us visiting this forum often to see what is happening. And to have to read 'negative' speculation is quite demoralising.Somebody who intends to migrate to a new Country needs to be positive and have a dream, otherwise lets all be miserable and stay right where we are.

I'm on the same page as you, I hope we hear something this year.

Tania

As you lodged your application in 2008 I suggest my point is well made ...!

Stay positive though, Tania - and realistic.

Best wishes.

As for your point you never said that Cat 4 would wait many years from lodgment date just that they would have many years to wait, so my understanding is more many years from now, I believe your point wasn't clear from the start

Yes I do try to say Positive until I read your posts!!! I'm very realistic I so understand that changes happen all the time and you can move from one Cat to another, you can be told you only have to wait 9 months then 2 years then to be told that actually no one knows, so when I'm told I could hear something in the new financial year then you post tells me I have many more years to wait when I've already waited some time is demoralizing,

You have no idea what this visa means to me as its not just a dream its about Family and personal tragedy's So I will continue to stay positive!!

Thanks Tania:biggrin:

Tania

I dont think Alan wishes to demoralise you. He is just being realistic. I am a cat 4 preSeptember 2007 applicant (august 27 2007) and even if they process a few thousand of cat 4 I probably have a good chance of getting a CO but still I feel its not great to get your hopes up. Looking at DIACs track record they are probably planning something real bad for us in the future too. Also remember people have applied for migration to US/Canada and it takes years for them to do so. Possibly the wait could be very long for cat 4.

Regards

Rahul

Hi Rahul

Both you and I know not to get to excited as things can change but I'm in titled to be positive and believe what DIAC say at the time is true, yes we all know that can change and no I won't be disappointed as i'm use to it as I have been through many changes myself but I prefer to live in the moment.

Thanks Tania

im staying positive as well... i always keep an eye on this thread.. coz once i was also in cat 4.. now in cat 3 as i got my skills re-assessed coz i was an old asco 2231-79 nec.. my thoughts are always with my cat 4 friends.. im 100% positive that DIAC will start processing in the comin financial year!! so cheer up evryone.. we all live in some hope that there is always light at the end of the tunnel... and that keeps us going!! god bless u all!!

hey Tania

Keep your chin up, Im with you . i think they will have to sort Cat 4 eventually

Hi SHANO7,

Thanks I will I just get so frustrated when people post that we will still have to wait many years when in fact Diac have said that they will look at Cat 4 in the new financial year and that their isn't enough visa's in the system, also they are clearing cat 3 a speed so that says that their is evidence our turn cat 4 is approaching unless they get a flood of applications!!!

Tania:biggrin:

Hi Rahul

Both you and I know not to get to excited as things can change but I'm in titled to be positive and believe what DIAC say at the time is true, yes we all know that can change and no I won't be disappointed as i'm use to it as I have been through many changes myself but I prefer to live in the moment.

Thanks Tania

Tania

I have no problems with people being positive. I do recommend those stuck in this limbo to do either of two things. 1) Try their level best to upgrade to another category through employer or state sponsorship if they can. 2) Carry on with their lives and careers wherever they are and in whatever they are doing without thinking too much of the application they have made.

Regards

Rahul

Tania

I have no problems with people being positive. I do recommend those stuck in this limbo to do either of two things. 1) Try their level best to upgrade to another category through employer or state sponsorship if they can. 2) Carry on with their lives and careers wherever they are and in whatever they are doing without thinking too much of the application they have made.

Regards

Rahul

Hi Rahul

I can move states if I want as my Husbands occupations is on a few of the other smp but I want to move to QLD and I'm willing to wait also I have no problem with getting on with my life and in no rush in moving, I get frustrated when some people tell Cat 4 that they have many years to wait when Diac have said they will look at cat 4 in the new financial year and have said they will soon contact some more cat 3 and cat 4 also that their as less application.

Regards

Tania

Hi Rahul

I can move states if I want as my Husbands occupations is on a few of the other smp but I want to move to QLD and I'm willing to wait also I have no problem with getting on with my life and in no rush in moving, I get frustrated when some people tell Cat 4 that they have many years to wait when Diac have said they will look at cat 4 in the new financial year and have said they will soon contact some more cat 3 and cat 4 also that their as less application.

Regards

Tania

Tania

I think those people who advise cat 4 that they have a long wait ahead are justified looking at the track record of DIAC, Australian Labor Party, and the last minister. DIAC has lied multiple times in the past at the behest of the last minister. Only time will tell whether things are different with the new minister. Also the ALP is more sympathetic towards illegal migrants than those who are legitimately in the que. As i have pointed out no one would be more happy then me to be wrong as I have the most to benifit. Even a limited opening of processsing of cat 4 would get me a case officer.

Regards

Rahul

Tania

I think those people who advise cat 4 that they have a long wait ahead are justified looking at the track record of DIAC, Australian Labor Party, and the last minister. DIAC has lied multiple times in the past at the behest of the last minister. Only time will tell whether things are different with the new minister. Also the ALP is more sympathetic towards illegal migrants than those who are legitimately in the que. As i have pointed out no one would be more happy then me to be wrong as I have the most to benifit. Even a limited opening of processsing of cat 4 would get me a case officer.

Regards

Rahul

Yes, this is true and I am also with you on the case officer's list.

What a shame that some people on here have lost the faith. Come on guys... at least the DIAC are releasing a little bit of good news for Cat 4. To be honest they could easily have said we're ceasing all Cat 4, but they have not done so, and had plenty of opportunity.

What makes me believe that Cat 4 will get processed is the fact that DIAC themselves say that they have 'less applications than places they can fill.' I hope this is not 'lost in translation', as this is quite an important point made.

So YES, keep the faith. We WILL be processed. Why not in heavens sake?? Australia needs Migrants. Don't tell me that they will suddenly stop - their population is aging and they need more people to keep going. Yes I agree the prority processing has been a terrible mistake by DIAC and the previous Government, but surely it is in their interest to show that they can handle processing, otherwise more people might not buy into this. Can you imagine a potential applicant going to a Migration Agent, and the Agent telling it as it has been... ie. yes, you can apply, sure....but they may change all the rules once you've parted with your money and then change them all over again... Be honest, would you apply?? We in Category 4 have just been unlucky to be in the system when such extreme measures have been taken. I honestly believe the DIAC will save their face and if there are changes they will simply change the SOL after carefully reviewing it every year. Let's just all look forward to having a good chance of being processed soon and living our Dream eventually.:radar:

• Like 1

What a shame that some people on here have lost the faith. Come on guys... at least the DIAC are releasing a little bit of good news for Cat 4. To be honest they could easily have said we're ceasing all Cat 4, but they have not done so, and had plenty of opportunity.

What makes me believe that Cat 4 will get processed is the fact that DIAC themselves say that they have 'less applications than places they can fill.' I hope this is not 'lost in translation', as this is quite an important point made.

So YES, keep the faith. We WILL be processed. Why not in heavens sake?? Australia needs Migrants. Don't tell me that they will suddenly stop - their population is aging and they need more people to keep going. Yes I agree the prority processing has been a terrible mistake by DIAC and the previous Government, but surely it is in their interest to show that they can handle processing, otherwise more people might not buy into this. Can you imagine a potential applicant going to a Migration Agent, and the Agent telling it as it has been... ie. yes, you can apply, sure....but they may change all the rules once you've parted with your money and then change them all over again... Be honest, would you apply?? We in Category 4 have just been unlucky to be in the system when such extreme measures have been taken. I honestly believe the DIAC will save their face and if there are changes they will simply change the SOL after carefully reviewing it every year. Let's just all look forward to having a good chance of being processed soon and living our Dream eventually.:radar:

Yes that is true that there is some hope for category 4 applicants. But nothing is certain about DIAC until and unless first priority 4 applicant get the case officer. Because DIAC has the history of doing things in unpredictable manner. So wait and watch.

Do you think there is a chance of getting within 3 month of Cat 3 backlog? What makes you think they will do? Would be nice of course

Ok, this is the logic: If Cat 4 is to be processed after all Cat 3 is processed, the answer to "when" is this going to be is NEVER. Every day there is at least 1 Cat 3 application, so Cat 4 would never be processed.

From my recent observations, some Cat 3 got an email from a CO to be processed within 3 months. I would say this is the time frame where they can allocate a CO.

So, in this case, there is a chance that some Cat 4 get such email soon. Currently, the backlog for onshore Cat 3 is at 30 Nov 2010 what is 5 months. This Friday there will be another email with a chance that the backlog is cut another 1-2 months.

This is the last sentence in the attachment from DIAC:

Further emails are expected to be sent to other Priority Group 3 and 4 applicants in

coming months to advise of other applications nearing allocation to a case officer, and

with updates on GSM application processing.

So, I believe chances are here...

LET'S HAVE FUN AND DON'T MAKE OUR LIVES MISERABLE UNTIL THEN!!

Ok understand your theory.

I too believe that things will start rolling soon for Category 4. It would be so interesting to know how many new applicants there are in a given month?

If you look at Cat 3 first page their doesn't seem to be many in the queue since December so I think maybe June we may see someone in Cat 4 get a CO:biggrin: