Guest NeilEB

Opinions on Locations for Medicals in England

Guest NeilEB

Ok, so I'm looking for recent experiences and costs of Medicals in various parts of England. I live in North London, so Knightsbridge or Brentwood would be the obvious choices I guess.

I was quoted £295 per adult and £95 for my son. Does that sound about righ, and would people recommend Brentwood?

I can't bring myself to look at the prices for Knightsbridge.

I guess Birmingham would be doable - anyone know the costs?

Guest NeilEB

Ooh I forgot Maidenhead - that would save me almost £200 :-)

Thanks!

That's not a cost we'd considered. Is there a list of medical centres I can look at to see the closest ?

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

Ok, so I'm looking for recent experiences and costs of Medicals in various parts of England. I live in North London, so Knightsbridge or Brentwood would be the obvious choices I guess.

I was quoted £295 per adult and £95 for my son. Does that sound about righ, and would people recommend Brentwood?

I can't bring myself to look at the prices for Knightsbridge.

I guess Birmingham would be doable - anyone know the costs?

We are going to Birmingham on Tuesday we are paying £275 per adult and £70 per child

Tracey

Guest NeilEB
We are going to Birmingham on Tuesday we are paying £275 per adult and £70 per child

Tracey

Maidenhead is still in the lead for me then :-)

List of Panel Docs is here :: United Kingdom – Panel Doctors

Well that narrows it down to .......urmmm...............Maidenhead !

£655 for us all, ouch !

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

We went to Brentwood as it was the nearest and it was a very smoothly run process taking about 2 hours all in all. £800 odd for all five of us, but if you do a time and motion study considering petrol money for travelling further and the sheer extra time involved then it probably means all the destinations come out on par! That's normally what we do and nearly always end up going for convenience, particularly keeping all three kids happy!

Good luck.

Kate

Fibrous Plasterer (dryliner) MODL 4412-11 - AQF3/Pathway E TRA sent 8/4/09 passed 6/5/09 - 175 visa lodged 2/6/09 - Medicals received 4/4/11 - Police checks uploaded 3/11 - More work evidence sent 14/6/11 - APPROVED 16/6/11

Hi

We had our meds done in Maidenhead on Monday. It cot us less than £600 for the four of us and they were great! Dr Russell really made it a positive experience for our girls and my youngest daughter was his "assistant" They both thought it was great fun! :biggrin:

Me, hubby and our two gorgeous girls.

Arrived in Australia 22nd March 2012

We've just been quoted £220. at Knightsbridge plus £50. for courier service.

Hope this helps.

Guest NeilEB

£220 per adult?

What's the courier service?

Hi,

I had my med's done in knightsbridge on the 4th April.

£220 per adult. £50.00 courier fee with Dhl.

Med's done on Monday. They sent them on Thursday. I called them for the tracking number and Sydney processing received them on the 12th and uploaded the same day.

Brilliant service all round and efficient.

£490.00 for two adults.

176 Family Visa GSM. Visa Granted 01/11/2011 Validated Visa Feb 2012

In order to stand out from the flock one must first be a sheep

Guest NeilEB

Hmm Knightsbridge might have snuck into the lead.....

£20 more but much nearer then Maidenhead..

Guest Keglin

Wow, it costs a lot more than I thought. Will have to budget for that too then.

Maidenhead would be a good option for us too by the looks of it.

Keglin

We did Birmingham last week,275 per adult,70 per child under 11,and £35 each for hep b and hep c testing should it be required,they also charge £10 to do each application online if you so desire but I think the old fashioned way is just as quick

skills test 10/08/10, passed 29/08/10, 176 skilled sponsored applied 06/09/10, email from DIAC 18/03/11, meds and police checks 06/04/11,all documentation met 17/6/11...visa granted 20/6/11 flying to Sydney 07/11/11 then moving up to QLD:biggrin:

Does anyone know what age you are still classed as a child for the medicals? Is it under 18 ? Just trying to work out the cost for 4 of us 2 adults + 18 year old (so 3 adults) + 16 year old, hoping our 16 year old will be child price otherwise it's going to be really expensive for us. Any info appreciated.

Does anyone know what age you are still classed as a child for the medicals? Is it under 18 ? Just trying to work out the cost for 4 of us 2 adults + 18 year old (so 3 adults) + 16 year old, hoping our 16 year old will be child price otherwise it's going to be really expensive for us. Any info appreciated.

According to the pricing on the Bridge Clinic website (http://www.bridge-clinic.com/immigrtn-pricing.htm) over 15 is classed as an adult.

I am going to Knightsbridge on the 21st. Again £220. Maidenhead is closer but the soonest they could offer was 6 May. I don't think you need courier service do you??? I was assuming special delivery to the Oz House in London

Application sent 24/3/11. CO appointed 1/4/11. Meds 21/4/11 Visa granted 26/7/11

Thanks Peach, I thought that might be the case, best get some more pennies together then.

I am going to Knightsbridge on the 21st. Again £220. Maidenhead is closer but the soonest they could offer was 6 May. I don't think you need courier service do you??? I was assuming special delivery to the Oz House in London

The Medicals have to be sent to Sydney.

Knightsbridge only gave us one option of courier by DHL.

The Medicals have to be sent to Sydney.

Knightsbridge only gave us one option of courier by DHL.

Not true for TracyC, as she is applying for a partner visa. Medical results for partner visas (applied for in London) go to Australia House not Sydney.

I stand corrected

£220 per adult?

What's the courier service?

£220. per adult £50. courier service for medicals to be sent to Sydney.

We went to Birmingham on Monday.

Cost is £275 for adults.I had to have an extra blood test cos I've got a tattoo which was £35 extra.

They are really nice there,we were pleased with the service.

Sometimes they hold medicals on Saturdays too.