inception

International tuition fee or some other fee for recent permanent resident?

I recently received my permanent residency. I am currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree at an Australian university. I know I have to pay the international student fee for this semester since I received my permanent residency only after the census date at uni. However, for next semester what fees will I have to pay? I know I am not eligible for a Commonwealth supported place as I am not a citizen yet but is there a different fee for permananent residents?... or do I still have to continue paying international student fees until the end of my course since I was not a permanent resident at the time I applied for the course? The new domestic fees will only apply to me for any new courses that I enrol in...? :confused:

You are eligible for Commonwealth supported places at uni as a PR - I was on one when I was at uni!!! it depends on the course as to whether it is offered though.

The only difference for a PR compared to a citizen, is that each term you will have to pay your fees upfront and you will not get a discount for doing so. As a citizen, you can either nominate to pay fees upfront and have a discount for doing so, or defer payment and repay your loan once you are working.

I expect you have seen this site, but it's pretty useful.

The Going to Uni Homepage

Love

Rudi

x

You are eligible for Commonwealth supported places at uni as a PR - I was on one when I was at uni!!! it depends on the course as to whether it is offered though.

The only difference for a PR compared to a citizen, is that each term you will have to pay your fees upfront and you will not get a discount for doing so. As a citizen, you can either nominate to pay fees upfront and have a discount for doing so, or defer payment and repay your loan once you are working.

I expect you have seen this site, but it's pretty useful.

The Going to Uni Homepage

Love

Rudi

x

Thank you so much for replying. No, I have not seen that site. So thanks for the site as well. I will have a look through it. Thank you once again.