register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest ClaireandRoss

Police Checks for Visa

Guest ClaireandRoss

does anyone know if you have to delcare points on your driving licence on the Police Check application form?

Ross was charged with undue care and attention (driving) (he skid on black ice and was charged) but we have been informed before that this is not a criminal conviction that it is a road traffic offence, can anyone advise if this should be included?

Spoke to my uncle hes a police officer, he states points etc come under as a traffic offence, but the form for the police checks as for criminal offence, which this isnt, can anyone advise?

Thanks Claire & Ross

Hi Claire

my fella got 6 points for speeding, had to go to court for it. ended up with a fine too. We declared this on the form, even though it was a road traffic offence, didnt want them to think we were hiding things.

to be honest i dont think they are too bothered about things like this anyway. We should find out today though because our police checks are due back later today. I telephoned them on friday and was told they were in the post on the way back to us.

will let u know what they say

dont worry

Nicola

boilermaker and midwife. 175 visa granted may 2011. now living near newcastle nsw

Guest ClaireandRoss
Hi Claire

my fella got 6 points for speeding, had to go to court for it. ended up with a fine too. We declared this on the form, even though it was a road traffic offence, didnt want them to think we were hiding things.

to be honest i dont think they are too bothered about things like this anyway. We should find out today though because our police checks are due back later today. I telephoned them on friday and was told they were in the post on the way back to us.

will let u know what they say

dont worry

Nicola

Thanks Nicola, we completed the form confirming the road offence.

Hope your medicals come back OK :)

Claire xx