Vetassess/VIC Uni----SKYPE Technical interview---

jimithechew

Hi all

Who has choosen this route? has anyone got any experience to share with the other members? I may choose this way as time is not on my side and am rushing to get all my Sh#t together before armageddon!!!1 (July 1st if anyone was'nt aware!!!!)

Particually want to hear from any joiners who have done it this way! I should hear back next week from Vetassess about choosing a date/method of interview and all I'm after is the quickest test date on offer (either tech or prac tests)

Cheers all

Guest sunnydays4

hi,

My OH is an electrician and we chose Vic Uni route. He actually has his interview in the morning via skype. We sent our papers off on 22nd Feb but emailed and rang a couple of times and they arranged a date for the interview over the phone. I think it seems to speed things up if you get in contact with them. Apparently this is the quickest route if you want to get in before July we are in same boat, have to apply for SS WA after this so we are against the time also.

• 1 month later...
Guest kateandstew
Got ours on wednesday morning , hubby's a carpenter good luck and if possible let us know how it goes he's bricking it , needs some tips

i am a carpenter. how did interview go?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry taken so long to reply, work here is manic, skype interview went really well, basically asked imformation on last two projects, small section on health and saftey and was more interested in spit gun use and proceedure, lasted around twenty mins,

Got told i'd passed three weeks later and have just secured state sponorship, visa app is going in early next week, hope it's going well with you

• 2 months later...
sorry taken so long to reply, work here is manic, skype interview went really well, basically asked imformation on last two projects, small section on health and saftey and was more interested in spit gun use and proceedure, lasted around twenty mins,

Got told i'd passed three weeks later and have just secured state sponorship, visa app is going in early next week, hope it's going well with you

Hi Janemaria

I am awaiting a technical interview via skype for Plumbing.

Can you tell me if you do the interview from home or one of there offices in UK?

Thanks

hi,

My OH is an electrician and we chose Vic Uni route. He actually has his interview in the morning via skype. We sent our papers off on 22nd Feb but emailed and rang a couple of times and they arranged a date for the interview over the phone. I think it seems to speed things up if you get in contact with them. Apparently this is the quickest route if you want to get in before July we are in same boat, have to apply for SS WA after this so we are against the time also.

Hi sunnydays

How did your OH get on in Skype interview?

Can you tell me roughly how long it lasted and where the interview was done? at home or there offices?

Hi, yes we did apply for state sponsorship on-line ourselves. Most of it is straight forward but you will need to do research on the area your going to as they will ask about why you think the area you have chosen will need the type of experience you have to offer. Also how much money you will be taking and how this will be broken down, as you have to show you understand the cost of living in Oz. ie utilities, insurances, mortgage/rent etc. It took us about 4 hours and some of it we just answered by pointing out all the good points that perth, the area we've chosen, has to offer us from industry, lifestyle, schooling, university etc. and how this would benefit each member of our family. We also said how we would fit into our chosen area by joining various clubs that we are interested in. I hope this is of some help...

Archived