SA State Sponsership.

makita199

hi peeps,does anyone know how much research is needed for state sponsership? with the deadline set for 2nd of may i really need to get my skates on and am srtuggling to get pen to paper.any help would be good

kind regards.

The online application is really easy you can start it without submitting if you want to do it a bit at a time. we have never been so found the hardest part stating why we wanted to move so just copied info from their tourist information site. have you got everything else in place like ielts & skills ass??.

Lisa

Definitely do what Lisa says - start it and keep adding to it as you go along. We put in different websites we used for reference, I even mentioned this forum:biggrin:

I also researched what alternatives there were for jobs etc - OH is a carpenter so went on about renewable energies/forestry commission stuff like that. Also put about Adelaide been the "family friendly city" and all stuff relating to family orientated things. I did waffle a lot, but it worked!!

Good luck, I remember the hours sat in front of the computer writing it out. :wideeyed:

Guest SusieOR

It took me a couple of weeks to get all my reasearch together... everything is very straight forward apart from the "why do you want to live here" part... I added 5 different sections & separated them into Work / Cost of Living / Family&Children / Houses&Areas / General&Hobbies... each of the sections just less than 200 words each. So I typed it out in a Word document first so it was easy to check how many words & also to spell check

Definitely reference the websites used... this shows you have done genuine research.

& I also agree to start filling in the form... just make sure you take note of the reference number & you will be able to get back in to it to complete it...

You will need to name 5 (or 6) companies who would employ you, I did this by looking at Find Jobs: Search thousands of jobs now | CareerOne.com.au and SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site

Good Luck & get started... dont miss out on getting your application form in...

Guest Pixie10

Can i ask how long can you keep saving your application before submitting it?

Im still waiting on skills assessment and IELTS but we do have a slim chance of making the deadline so want to make a start on the SS form so its ready if we get everything else sorted. Just wondering if we can start it now and keep saving it until end of April?

Thanks

Archived